Talk Talk new contract, cooling off period length?

Found 17th May 2015
I recently renewed my talktalk broadband contract after initially signing up to plus net, but after two days went back to talk talk, agreeing to a new 12 months. I then after two more days signed up to a Sky broadband contract via top cash back website. But I only just realized that the sky contract doesn't start until 28th May! I have since had a email from talk talk stating that I will have to pay a early contract termination fee £157.42 for contract breakage. I spoke with talk talk to ask about cooling off period, they said I have seven days to cancel which is from 12th May to 19th May but sky doesn't start until 28th May! Talk talk said the breakage fee is a standard/generic email which is auto generated, personally I think it is a scare mongering tactic!
Does anybody know if the seven days cooling off period is correct, I thought it would be at least fourteen days! Also what will happen between 19th and 28th May, will I be without broadband or will talk talk continue until sky take over, Sky didn't seem to know!
Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskMobile Phone
1 Comment
I haven't had an issue with talk talk and I've negotiated a new contract.
Too answer your question, a 7 day cooling off period is what they stated to me. Clear as day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants