Talk talk Personal roadwatch scam

Found 3rd Dec 2015
hi
just wondering if anyone had heard of personal roadwatch. My 13 year old daughter has a sim only from talk talk. I got an email saying that they are suspended her mobile due to over usage she has never gone over on her limit doesn't realise she has mobile data never told her for this reason.
I tried logging in to look what it was but because I'm not on talk talk broadband you can't access it !!
So eventually got through to someone and was told that she had made a call at 8.20 in the morning to personal roadwatch and it has costs £30.
I have looked online and have noticed other people having the same problem.
They will not put her phone back on til the bill is paid.
I don't know where I stand but I'm not paying it.
Just wondering if anyone would know who I could contact about this .
Thanks .

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

I just looked on MSE forums and you've posted there as well

To repeat the answer you got at MSE if you don't pay the bill

Credit record trashed for six years and bill passed to recovery agency is the usual answer.

Even if it was a mis-dial to premium rate number. You might not like it but your daughter has made a call that cost £30, so you have a bill of £30 to pay.

I'm not sure why you're asking anyway if, as you say "I don't know where I stand but I'm not paying it."

Original Poster

Yeah that's where I found out that it has happened to other people .

spamalia

Yeah that's where I found out that it has happened to other people .

Has she actually made the call by mistake?
Check the call records on the phone to see if the number has been dialed, and do you have itemised billing?

Original Poster

They will not let me have a itemised bill until the 25th Dec. I haven't looked on her call log yet as only found out this morning what it was and she had already gone to school.

spamalia

They will not let me have a itemised bill until the 25th Dec. I haven't … They will not let me have a itemised bill until the 25th Dec. I haven't looked on her call log yet as only found out this morning what it was and she had already gone to school.

So you're saying you won't pay it even though it is possible that the call was genuinely made? If that's the case then really you should just pay it, it's not worth having your credit report marked for a silly mistake. Get your daughter to do some chores, sell something she owns that she no longer uses or something else to make up for the money you've had to spend. Also, remember even if it isn't in the call log it is possible the call was made and she deleted it.

Original Poster

I don't think she would phone on purpose . She has had the phone for a year never gone over her mins or texts.
I have never told her that she has mobile data only uses it over WiFi just to make sure she abuse it.
Reading what other people have said the number is 2222 and has accidentally rung it when in a pocket or bag. She would of been at school at the time of the call. And also why would a 13 year old want to phone personal roadwatch! ! I've never heard of it .

don't fancy your chances of avoiding this, there are a million ways this could have happened, even someone at school using her phone.

talk talk may reduce the cost if you argue it but otherwise treat it as a lesson learnt for your daughter.

also I don't understand why you can't look at her call logs for that day on the phone itself, I don't know of anybody who coats their call log.

Wife has had similar problem saying she's gone over her data allowance twice this month. Think I better check the bills as she's never had a problem before

This is what capped contracts are for. My son can't dial premium numbers on three because they are excluded.

Move to Tescomobile. You can cap spend above monthly cost and they're about the same price as TalkTalk.

Original Poster

Yeah I am going to change it . I only went with talktalk cause it was a half price offer for a year. Typical has was going to cancel this month anyway . Thanks for advice.

I hav just suffered the same issue for the second month, last month it was a £4.54 plus vat charge and this month the charge is £25.52 plus Vat. I have spoken to Vodafone at length and they say that they have had a charge made to them and I have to pay the months invoice in full. I now have to write to head office to make a formal complaint which I will do. An end must be put th this is a scam everyone keep complaint to the air time supplier so they will not entertain this alleged 2222 number we are meant to have dialled .

spamalia

hi just wondering if anyone had heard of personal roadwatch. My 13 … hi just wondering if anyone had heard of personal roadwatch. My 13 year old daughter has a sim only from talk talk. I got an email saying that they are suspended her mobile due to over usage she has never gone over on her limit doesn't realise she has mobile data never told her for this reason.I tried logging in to look what it was but because I'm not on talk talk broadband you can't access it !!So eventually got through to someone and was told that she had made a call at 8.20 in the morning to personal roadwatch and it has costs £30. I have looked online and have noticed other people having the same problem. They will not put her phone back on til the bill is paid. I don't know where I stand but I'm not paying it. Just wondering if anyone would know who I could contact about this .Thanks .

spamalia

hi just wondering if anyone had heard of personal roadwatch. My 13 … hi just wondering if anyone had heard of personal roadwatch. My 13 year old daughter has a sim only from talk talk. I got an email saying that they are suspended her mobile due to over usage she has never gone over on her limit doesn't realise she has mobile data never told her for this reason.I tried logging in to look what it was but because I'm not on talk talk broadband you can't access it !!So eventually got through to someone and was told that she had made a call at 8.20 in the morning to personal roadwatch and it has costs £30. I have looked online and have noticed other people having the same problem. They will not put her phone back on til the bill is paid. I don't know where I stand but I'm not paying it. Just wondering if anyone would know who I could contact about this .Thanks .

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants