Talk Talk Superfast Fibre

Posted 7th Jan
Just seen talk talk are offering superfast (67mbs) rather than fast (38mbs) for the exact same price at the minute. Fixed for 2 years and including line rental with no price rises. Seems a good deal but as my sky contract isn't up till the end of Feb does anybody have any idea how long this deal will be running for?
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
Take the speed quoted with a pinch, actually a mountain of salt. Currently on the alleged 38mbs using their own speed test it has never gone higher than 21.
Upisdown07/01/2020 18:23

Take the speed quoted with a pinch, actually a mountain of salt. …Take the speed quoted with a pinch, actually a mountain of salt. Currently on the alleged 38mbs using their own speed test it has never gone higher than 21.

Never had a problem with them. Consistent 60mbs+ over WiFi.
Upisdown07/01/2020 18:23

Take the speed quoted with a pinch, actually a mountain of salt. …Take the speed quoted with a pinch, actually a mountain of salt. Currently on the alleged 38mbs using their own speed test it has never gone higher than 21.

Those speeds are the national average as recommended by Ofcom while actual speeds are highly dependant on local infrastructure - in particular how long the cable to your house is. So no single speed is ever going to be representative for everyone under the current technologies. Personally I preferred it when ISPs quote maximum possible speeds since at least then you knew which were offering the same packages.

@joshp1911 TalkTalk are one of the ISPs that operate on the business model of offering big up front discounts and then high out of contract prices so they're always going to be offering some deal or other.
Will2107/01/2020 18:49

Never had a problem with them. Consistent 60mbs+ over WiFi.

Same, quoted 72.5 Mb/s to 73.6 Mb/s when I joined and my speed is always 74 Mb/s.
Talk Talk are complete rubbish! I'm getting half the MBs speed I'm suppose to be getting. Internet is constantly disconnecting , this is after having two Talk Talk engineers out and a BT engineer. Avoid them like the plague and go with someone who use UK call centres , so you can actually speak to someone who doesn't just read of a script and understands what you're saying.
"No price rise" applies to the core service only, all of the optional chargeable services will have multiple price rises during the minimum term.
EndlessWaves07/01/2020 18:57

Those speeds are the national average as recommended by Ofcom while actual …Those speeds are the national average as recommended by Ofcom while actual speeds are highly dependant on local infrastructure - in particular how long the cable to your house is. So no single speed is ever going to be representative for everyone under the current technologies. Personally I preferred it when ISPs quote maximum possible speeds since at least then you knew which were offering the same packages. @joshp1911 TalkTalk are one of the ISPs that operate on the business model of offering big up front discounts and then high out of contract prices so they're always going to be offering some deal or other.

I am well aware of the requirements they need to meet for the speed quote, I am delighted they are no longer allowed to quote max speeds as that only refereed to 10% of customers! That aside talk talk are dire and customer service is all but non existent, not my opinion but the opinion of many thousands of dissatisfied customers. I would never advice anybody to even consider using them even trust pilot have 51% voting average, poor or bad,uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
Check both fibre speeds are actually available at your postcode.

I’m sure that if this offer changes by Feb then they or someone else will still have a similar offer. Don’t forget to check cashback and comparison sites.
This price has been available since Black Friday on cashback sites - even if it was then called Faster Fibre with Speed Boost. Had mine installed a couple of weeks ago & have been put on the wrong slower 38mbps profile (openreach engineer told me) - having a nightmare getting them to change it.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 7th Jan
CaptainSpaulding07/01/2020 19:41

Talk Talk are complete rubbish! I'm getting half the MBs speed I'm suppose …Talk Talk are complete rubbish! I'm getting half the MBs speed I'm suppose to be getting. Internet is constantly disconnecting , this is after having two Talk Talk engineers out and a BT engineer. Avoid them like the plague and go with someone who use UK call centres , so you can actually speak to someone who doesn't just read of a script and understands what you're saying.

If you go with someone who only has UK call centers, you won't have any Internet.
Upisdown07/01/2020 21:11

I am well aware of the requirements they need to meet for the speed quote, …I am well aware of the requirements they need to meet for the speed quote, I am delighted they are no longer allowed to quote max speeds as that only refereed to 10% of customers! That aside talk talk are dire and customer service is all but non existent, not my opinion but the opinion of many thousands of dissatisfied customers. I would never advice anybody to even consider using them even trust pilot have 51% voting average, poor or bad,https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.talktalk.co.uk

The other 3 major ISPs all have a terrible Trust Pilot score as well.

uk.trustpilot.com/review/store.virginmedia.com
uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
uk.trustpilot.com/review/bt.com
Edited by: "McShane1" 7th Jan
Upisdown07/01/2020 21:11

I am well aware of the requirements they need to meet for the speed quote, …I am well aware of the requirements they need to meet for the speed quote, I am delighted they are no longer allowed to quote max speeds as that only refereed to 10% of customers! That aside talk talk are dire and customer service is all but non existent, not my opinion but the opinion of many thousands of dissatisfied customers. I would never advice anybody to even consider using them even trust pilot have 51% voting average, poor or bad,https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.talktalk.co.uk

The problem with these ratings is that dissatisfied people are far more likely to give feedback.
CaptainSpaulding07/01/2020 19:41

Talk Talk are complete rubbish! I'm getting half the MBs speed I'm suppose …Talk Talk are complete rubbish! I'm getting half the MBs speed I'm suppose to be getting. Internet is constantly disconnecting , this is after having two Talk Talk engineers out and a BT engineer. Avoid them like the plague and go with someone who use UK call centres , so you can actually speak to someone who doesn't just read of a script and understands what you're saying.

No ISP is perfect, one person or another will have issues with ISPs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions