Groups
    EXPIRED

talk talk wireless broadband help please

hi, my uncle has talk talk broadband and has asked me if its possible for him to go wireless.
    im not sure what wireless ( if any) router or whatever you call it he needs as it goes through his bt phone line? i have virgin broadband which is a little different from a phone line set up somthing to do with adsl or somthing.

what im getting at is can he go and buy a new modem which allows wireless or does he have to spur off of his box he has at the moment? if anyone could help me on this i would be greatfull also if you can point me in the right direction on what he needs to buy to be wireless. thanks.

8 Comments

Just need a router with a built in modem, adsl2+ is better, linksys make some good ones.

Hi i have just gone with talktalk and got sent a D LINK dsl-264r wireless router .
    look up which one he has and go to talktalk support.
    Or I rang them and only took 5 min in total to get a xp laptop and a vista laptop connected.
    Was very very very easy.

I think talktalk will send him a new wireless router if he does not have one.

Original Poster

bigwheels;7003961

I think talktalk will send him a new wireless router if he does not have … I think talktalk will send him a new wireless router if he does not have one.

good idea, i think hes been with them for a couple of years now so i guess they may send him a new one, worth a try!

i got a wireless router from talktalk in the end.. they charge £30 for it- but i didn't pay. tried VERY hard to get them to just 'give' it to me for being a customer for so long, but to no avail. they said if i renewed my contract i could have it for 'free'..18m tied in with them, but i dont mind..plus £30 cashback over the next 6months..£5 p/month credited back to the account. had to fight for this one though.. works perfectly- though it huwaui or sommat and not d-link. g router. id rather have an n.

edt. tight beggars they are. but im on an old skool fab call plan, so im not gonna leave em too soon.

They gave me a free router for been an existing customer....

dcx_badass;7006441

They gave me a free router for been an existing customer....

wha?! i've been with them for abt 5yrs now..they weren't havin none of it, and i had to threaten to leave and everything to get it plus the £30... (did they not tie u in the contract?- or were you mid-contract anyway?)

samwants2save;7006468

wha?! i've been with them for abt 5yrs now..they weren't havin none of … wha?! i've been with them for abt 5yrs now..they weren't havin none of it, and i had to threaten to leave and everything to get it plus the £30... (did they not tie u in the contract?- or were you mid-contract anyway?)

Was out of contract, and didn't have to renew, got a letter a year or two ago saving as a customer reward I could have a free router or £20 credit onto our bill.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
    3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions