Groups

TalkTalk being less generous with renewal

So, just a week or two before all of the talktalk packages changed, I renewed my contract with talktalk and got a good deal. I got half price for 18 months and free upgrade to fibre, with anytime calls to mobiles as well. Now, that I'm renewing my grandfather's contract I tried to get a similar deal, but all they would do is knock £4 off per month.
    Anybody else notice this?

16 Comments

other providers so shop about

Virgin did something similar last year, lost a load of customers and now begging them back.
    this happened to me, looked on their website, put in my details for speed ect, but didn't follow the deal through.
    next thing I know I have a Virgin media guy on my doorstep offering me deals.
    I only wanted the unlimited fibre.
    18 a month with the superhub 3 Inc connection. which suits me fine

cancel and wait for a new deal or try again I've got talk talk and it keeps going down every couple of weeks getting tired of it had sky and vm before they only went down a couple of times in 12 months so probably better with another provider if u can get a good deal

muddassarsardar

cancel and wait for a new deal or try again I've got talk talk and it … cancel and wait for a new deal or try again I've got talk talk and it keeps going down every couple of weeks getting tired of it had sky and vm before they only went down a couple of times in 12 months so probably better with another provider if u can get a good deal

I found Talktalk to be pants to put it mildly. If the internet is dropping raise an official complaint (make sure it's recorded on the system) and say you're getting intermittent service, they'll fob you off for a while, but just wait, and then escalate to head office (you'll have to write to them), if they fail to rectify the problem you can contact the ombudsman after 8 weeks (from initial complaint). Once you threaten them with that they soon sort it out or release you from your contract. Make sure you follow the complaints procedure though, it's on their website.

24M451

I found Talktalk to be pants to put it mildly. If the internet is … I found Talktalk to be pants to put it mildly. If the internet is dropping raise an official complaint (make sure it's recorded on the system) and say you're getting intermittent service, they'll fob you off for a while, but just wait, and then escalate to head office (you'll have to write to them), if they fail to rectify the problem you can contact the ombudsman after 8 weeks (from initial complaint). Once you threaten them with that they soon sort it out or release you from your contract. Make sure you follow the complaints procedure though, it's on their website.

​lol its down again I'm on chat with them know

muddassarsardar

​lol its down again I'm on chat with them know

​they gone awol

https://s29.postimg.org/xl1m5forn/Screenshot_2017_01_17_21_13_20.png

Banned

they are strict since last year. I noticed the English chaps don't care anymore, make sure its a Indian you speak to next time:)

sofiasar

they are strict since last year. I noticed the English chaps don't care … they are strict since last year. I noticed the English chaps don't care anymore, make sure its a Indian you speak to next time:)

I disagree. I spend 2 weeks, and about 10 calls & 5 chat sessions trying to get them NOT to increase my contract mid-way.

I was already 14 months into an 18 month contract & they wanted me to start another 18 month contract!

So end result, I will see out the remaining 4 months, and hand in my 30 day notice to leave - their loss. And I know they will be **** when it comes to allowing me to leave. And I will ask them to read the notes where I play Nostradamus and predicted everything they will say when I tell them I'm leaving!
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 17th Jan

different advisers give you different deals. last time I just called up and said look I don't wanna call back 5 times trying to get a decent deal so can we just work something out in one call and save yours and my time. amazingly he couldn't stop laughing and gave me a great deal first time round. I did tell him I will keep calling up to get a deal that suits me.

Banned

Gollywood

I disagree. I spend 2 weeks, and about 10 calls & 5 chat sessions trying … I disagree. I spend 2 weeks, and about 10 calls & 5 chat sessions trying to get them NOT to increase my contract mid-way.I was already 14 months into an 18 month contract & they wanted me to start another 18 month contract!So end result, I will see out the remaining 4 months, and hand in my 30 day notice to leave - their loss. And I know they will be **** when it comes to allowing me to leave. And I will ask them to read the notes where I play Nostradamus and predicted everything they will say when I tell them I'm leaving!

​especially since they removed 500 min global boost. did you have it? I'm allowed to keep mine for another year after arguing

Gollywood

I disagree. I spend 2 weeks, and about 10 calls & 5 chat sessions trying … I disagree. I spend 2 weeks, and about 10 calls & 5 chat sessions trying to get them NOT to increase my contract mid-way.I was already 14 months into an 18 month contract & they wanted me to start another 18 month contract!So end result, I will see out the remaining 4 months, and hand in my 30 day notice to leave - their loss. And I know they will be **** when it comes to allowing me to leave. And I will ask them to read the notes where I play Nostradamus and predicted everything they will say when I tell them I'm leaving!

You do know you're able to cancel your contract if they increase the contract price as set out by ofcom? They need to give you 30 days notice and you need to action your termination within the same period.

24M451

You do know you're able to cancel your contract if they increase the … You do know you're able to cancel your contract if they increase the contract price as set out by ofcom? They need to give you 30 days notice and you need to action your termination within the same period.

I know but I wasn't in a position to cancel at the time - plus I have a few Sim Only contracts with them which needed renewing at a giveaway price hence sticking it out for another 4 months

sofiasar

​especially since they removed 500 min global boost. did you have it? I'm … ​especially since they removed 500 min global boost. did you have it? I'm allowed to keep mine for another year after arguing

We had the Global Boost - then they reduced the minutes; then they got rid of the countries that we called; then they just got rid of it all together.

We just use Whatsapp to call or use this 0870 number to call free abroad from any landline, so screw TalkTalk & their not so Global Boost!
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 18th Jan

sofiasar

they are strict since last year. I noticed the English chaps don't care … they are strict since last year. I noticed the English chaps don't care anymore, make sure its a Indian you speak to next time:)

I'd love to hear your reaction if somebody said 'the Pakistanis don't care, make sure you speak to an English advisor'.

You really do say the most bizarre things sometimes.

sofiasar

Lol. Please, don't try to hide your prejudice anymore.

Just tried to renew but they wouldn't match my existing discounted deal (discounts end in three months).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions