TalkTalk Broadband MTU Setting

Found 28th Sep 2008
when setting up Talktalk broadband with router (Linksys WAG54GS) what the recommended MTU setting to use for talktalk...

13 Comments

I don't know about TalkTalk but if it's AOL it would be 1400 but try 1458 to start with as that should work OK.

Anything between 1400 and 1500 never go above 1500.

Mine is set to Auto.

Run TCPOptimizer - speedguide.net/fil…exe

Probably the best network configuration program out there!

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;3071150

Run TCPOptimizer - … Run TCPOptimizer - http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exeProbably the best network configuration program out there!

Pavers;3071126

Mine is set to Auto.

will check it out

Paver are you on talktalk & have same router

I had a few problems getting the config for mine correct, in the end I found a site which gave me all of the settings for a WAS354G, they are:

Set MTU to Manual and Size to 1400

Other setings if you need them:

Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
Multiplexing: VC
Qos Type: UBR
Autodetect: Disable
Virtual Circuit: 0 VPI, 38 VCI
DSL Modulation: Multimode

Hope this is some use.

Sorry, typo the first line should have been WAG354G!

Mine is a wireless linksys but it is a HG200 v2. I am also with talktalk.

Original Poster

i noticed some site take long to load but i think i have found the problem...spybot search and destroy

Original Poster

Can you guys tell me if you can access this site

[url]www.woolworthscareers.co.uk[/url]

me and a friend both have talktalk and we cant access the above site

i can get on [url]www.woolworths.co.uk[/url] though

DelBoy100;3075815

Can you guys tell me if you can access this … Can you guys tell me if you can access this site[url]www.woolworthscareers.co.uk[/url]me and a friend both have talktalk and we cant access the above sitei can get on [url]www.woolworths.co.uk[/url] though

I can ping it and get an address 193.128.100.34, which means the DNS is registered to an IP at least. However it looks as if nothing's happening then after ages of waiting I get the main page. Woolworths homepage is on 195.188.18.40 - an entirely different site/subnet. More than likely in a different area geographically, which is why it's not the fastest to respond.

Seems to be working for me, its very very slow but does eventually get to:

woolworthscareers.co.uk/woo…htm

via TalkTalk.

Good luck.

Don't forget the MTU is also a setting on the computer and it should never be higher than the router MTU.

DelBoy100;3075815

Can you guys tell me if you can access this … Can you guys tell me if you can access this site]www.woolworthscareers.co.ukme and a friend both have talktalk and we cant access the above sitei can get on ]www.woolworths.co.uk though

Both very fast here.

Via Zen internet.

BritBrat;3110267

Don't forget the MTU is also a setting on the computer and it should … Don't forget the MTU is also a setting on the computer and it should never be higher than the router MTU.Both very fast here.Via Zen internet.

Lol they are now! You should have tried them 4 days ago when they were slower than a week in jail!
Post a comment
@
    Text