Groups

Talktalk cooling off period

Having signed up to go on talk talk faster fibre on Nov 10th and the engineer being due on the 28th im just wondering have i any chance of backing out. Mainly due to Topcashback having a hefty chunk of money £170 for the faster fibre and Tv which is what we have ordered. I think the cooling off period has probably started from the 10th and expired but thought i would ask you lovely lot lol

4 Comments

If relevant to your circumstances, TalkTalk t&c states:
    "3 CHANGING YOUR MIND. 3.1 You may cancel your order by contacting us (see paragraph 19 below): (a) in the first 20 days after our acceptance of your order; or..."
    although reasonably you may be obliged to pay any fee that TT is unable to recover from its suppliers, such as BTOpenreach - this is v possible if a BTO order is cancelled less than one working day prior to implementation.
    View/download TT t&c effective 02 Oct 2016 here.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

If relevant to your circumstances, TalkTalk t&c states:"3 CHANGING YOUR … If relevant to your circumstances, TalkTalk t&c states:"3 CHANGING YOUR MIND. 3.1 You may cancel your order by contacting us (see paragraph 19 below): (a) in the first 20 days after our acceptance of your order; or..."although reasonably you may be obliged to pay any fee that TT is unable to recover from its suppliers, such as BTOpenreach - this is v possible if a BTO order is cancelled less than one working day prior to implementation.View/download TT t&c effective 02 Oct 2016 here.

​Cheers all i could see was the 10 days but i will give them a ring and see what happens

If you have already started the process as a customer it's highly unlikely you'd be eligible for the cashback.

Original Poster

Cancelled free of any charges as easy as anything. But then couldnt do the new line order online and was to told to ring. So went through BT as a new customer needing a new line.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions