Groups

talktalk fibre router going red every hour

Got talktalk fibre broadband had it for a year no problems now the thing just goes red every hour making my devices lose internet connection. It even sometimes just turns off the complete wireless network. Is it just talktalk that is rubbish or my line?

10 Comments

I had a similar issue around a year ago with their fibre router which was working A OK for around 18 months. After many painful hours on the telephone I decided to go to the Talk Talk online chat -wish I had gone straight to them - They sent a new one out straight away and bingo problem solved. So my advice would be go through online chat tell then you have tried everything suggested on website and they should send you a new one. Hope that helps

Sounds like the other devices are purposely embarrassing the poor router every hour for it to be going red that often.
    Sorry... don't know why I said that

Nothing lasts forever, ring them and request a replacement.

Original Poster

gfunk1851

I had a similar issue around a year ago with their fibre router which was … I had a similar issue around a year ago with their fibre router which was working A OK for around 18 months. After many painful hours on the telephone I decided to go to the Talk Talk online chat -wish I had gone straight to them - They sent a new one out straight away and bingo problem solved. So my advice would be go through online chat tell then you have tried everything suggested on website and they should send you a new one. Hope that helps

I will give it a go. If a new router still doesnt fix it can i cancell with paying any termination charges?

bobtastic

Sounds like the other devices are purposely embarrassing the poor router … Sounds like the other devices are purposely embarrassing the poor router every hour for it to be going red that often. Sorry... don't know why I said that

I thought of commenting with something similar X)

It's TT juggling their customer base by having a third of the routers go red at a time, as they have 3 times the number of customers their network can handle.

Or the router is dying, the spec is decent, but obviously built down to a price point for them. 2nd/3rd generation VDSL routers have developed a reputation of overheating for some reason; there are only a few models where people havent complained about it.

Suggest leaving TT. My broadband was fine till i switched to their fibre-awfull.

dealer221

I will give it a go. If a new router still doesnt fix it can i cancell … I will give it a go. If a new router still doesnt fix it can i cancell with paying any termination charges?

No you have to give then time to find and fix the problem

Talk talk is great if you are using a good router, don't use Talktalk's own router. If you want great router from the service provider then there is no choice but BT Infinity

Original Poster

uameer

Talk talk is great if you are using a good router, don't use Talktalk's … Talk talk is great if you are using a good router, don't use Talktalk's own router. If you want great router from the service provider then there is no choice but BT Infinity

Got any links of good routers that will work with talktalk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions