Found 2nd Feb
hi my talktalk broadband has not been working for the past 2 days the router internet light is red. I've called them and they said they can't find any problems with it or any problems in the area. What can i do?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
22 Comments

Reset the router?

turn the router off and on and it'll work

"talktalk broadband".

Yeah.

There's your problem right there.

Have you tried to contact the Talk Talk Team on the Community forums; the online support team there may be able to help.

Link to Comm forums
community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/…age?redirectreason=notregistered&dest_url=https:%2F%2Fcommunity.talktalk.co.uk%2Ft5%2Fuser%2Fmyprofilepage%2Ftab%2Fpersonal-profile%253Apersonal-info

I'd agree with captainsocks

Plug your phone into your master socket (the first socket after the phone wire enters your property), if you can bear a dial tone then your line is ok. Now try plugging your router into it and seeif it works.

Original Poster

jdrob123

turn the router off and on and it'll work

​i have done that many times but no change still the red light showing

i had the same problem call talktalk and tell them you want a new router, might have to argue for it but in the end they will send you one and it should work

Original Poster

nishdha

i had the same problem call talktalk and tell them you want a new router, … i had the same problem call talktalk and tell them you want a new router, might have to argue for it but in the end they will send you one and it should work

​so was yours a router problem?

Any number of things can cause this but generally if the broadband light is green and the internet light is red then it seems like an authentication issue with talktalk. A few questions and things to try:

1.Has ANYTHING in your service changed/new?
2.are you on ADSL/VDSL (normal internet or faster/fibre internet)?
3.Even if you have dialtone try ring your mobile and see if the number is yours (must do this) or ring your landline from your mobile and actually answer it on your landline handset, let me know! what do you get?
4. remove all devices in the ethernet ports and use a pin in the hole on the back of the router, press and hold until lights change on the front, wait for the reset cycle. see if it resolves.
5. google image search talktalk router and post which one you have or better yet the model number

Edited by: "Niz" 3rd Feb

i had this turned out to be router gone faulty and had to replace was original talk talk after about 2 years. if fibre try your laptop straight into open reach box see if that works.

I have this problem with sky just now.. I'm from oldham area. the Internet light is amber

I've had exactly the same problem with talk talk for months now. I've spent that much money calling them. I had to keep re-setting the router, then they told me not to reset the router. In the end they sent a new router which has helped slightly but still with some problems. I agree with above posts, insist on a new router, see how that works. Just be prepared for some lengthy phone calls to them and be prepared to try all the same things over and over again. They sent a bt engineer out as they said there wasn't a problem with talk talk. BT engineer came, said problem was with talk talk. So still no internet and then the cheeky gits charged me £65 for an engineer visit (I refused to pay by the way) so just be aware.

Phone talk talk..

The HG633 router is the worst router I've ever had. If that's what you have or get offered then best of luck. The latest firmware improved things slightly but it's not really fit for purpose. Now as for the new talktalk TV box software, it takes 3 attempts to turn the TV to another source or even turn the TV off now. Turned it off one night went upstairs and heard voices, sure enough TV was back on. No wonder they want a new CEO.

shywallflower

I've had exactly the same problem with talk talk for months now. I've … I've had exactly the same problem with talk talk for months now. I've spent that much money calling them. I had to keep re-setting the router, then they told me not to reset the router. In the end they sent a new router which has helped slightly but still with some problems. I agree with above posts, insist on a new router, see how that works. Just be prepared for some lengthy phone calls to them and be prepared to try all the same things over and over again. They sent a bt engineer out as they said there wasn't a problem with talk talk. BT engineer came, said problem was with talk talk. So still no internet and then the cheeky gits charged me £65 for an engineer visit (I refused to pay by the way) so just be aware.

Why is it costing you money to call them? The customer service number is free from your home phone.

I don't have the call package with talk talk, just broadband so it is only free if you have the call package. Big mistake!

shywallflower

I've had exactly the same problem with talk talk for months now. I've … I've had exactly the same problem with talk talk for months now. I've spent that much money calling them. I had to keep re-setting the router, then they told me not to reset the router. In the end they sent a new router which has helped slightly but still with some problems. I agree with above posts, insist on a new router, see how that works. Just be prepared for some lengthy phone calls to them and be prepared to try all the same things over and over again. They sent a bt engineer out as they said there wasn't a problem with talk talk. BT engineer came, said problem was with talk talk. So still no internet and then the cheeky gits charged me £65 for an engineer visit (I refused to pay by the way) so just be aware.

Just out of interest, how can you spend "so much money" calling them? Its free to phone their customer service off your landline

I kept my call package and line rental with BT so I have to pay to call talk talk. It's only free if you have the call package with them.

shywallflower

I kept my call package and line rental with BT so I have to pay to call … I kept my call package and line rental with BT so I have to pay to call talk talk. It's only free if you have the call package with them.

A quick 5 second google search came up with this - just called it next time use it.

0800 049 1424

Caroline_1993

A quick 5 second google search came up with this - just called it next … A quick 5 second google search came up with this - just called it next time use it. 0800 049 1424

You are a star, thank you, they obvs never told me about that one!! |I just presumed there was just the one number. Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1992
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1625
    3. Add one, leave one game54415450
    4. word association Game74244925

See more discussions