Talktalk - issues with it and which wireless adsl modem you using?

11 replies
Found 14th Dec 2008
Hi all

just wanted to get other half a wireless router, she got talktalk freebie internet. if the computer is on all day and u leave it, when you return the internet generally disconnects. its not a biggie to reconnect everytime as its only used to surf. my questions are:

1: did anybody have the same disconnecting issue prior to using a wireless modem?
2: if so, which wireless adsl modem are u using and does it cause any issues??

Thanks for any replies,

1. Misc
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Router
11 Comments

Talk Talk is pants

dcx_badass;3758616

^^ Idiot who's never used them ^^Anyways what router is it, most have an … ^^ Idiot who's never used them ^^Anyways what router is it, most have an option for dissconnect if idle or stay connected all the time, just change that.

Charming

Am I not correct in that Talk Talk took over AOL. and since then I have had nothing but problems with AOL. QED

1) no problems, suspect your kit, possibly a router setting, wireless router may solve it if router is problem, but not if fault is elsewhere.

Banned

Talktalk broadband has been down all morning in my area. :x

Never had to reset the modem every day though. Complain to them, they may give you a new modem.

churchy2704;3758669

Talktalk broadband has been down all morning in my area. :xNever had to … Talktalk broadband has been down all morning in my area. :xNever had to reset the modem every day though. Complain to them, they may give you a new modem.

:thumbsup: see QED thanx u

churchy2704;3758669

Talktalk broadband has been down all morning in my area. :xNever had to … Talktalk broadband has been down all morning in my area. :xNever had to reset the modem every day though. Complain to them, they may give you a new modem.

my hubby has just informed me that our AOL is down too.... he's so mad coz now he can't play on COD 5 :roll:

lyndsbowes;3758751

my hubby has just informed me that our AOL is down too.... he's so mad … my hubby has just informed me that our AOL is down too.... he's so mad coz now he can't play on COD 5 :roll:

Should be ok now as thats what i am using now :santa:

happy donkey;3758810

Should be ok now as thats what i am using now :santa:

ok thx, i'll let him know :thumbsup:

I'm with talk talk and have had it on both desk top wired and my laptop wireless.
On my desktop it was on unless I turned it off but my laptop does the same thing you described. If it stands idol, it changes the computer settings to stand alone rather than local area connection.
As soon as it detects its active, it re-connects.
I've been with aol then talk talk for years and I have never had a problem with them. I've had free upgrades, price reductions and good customer service.

Hope this helps.

forget to tell you, I've got dynamode wireless router R-ADSL-C4W-EG.

happy donkey;3758595

Talk Talk is pants

Been a victim of Onetel/TalkTalk, Never Again,,,Just my opinion of course,,,

Original Poster

cheers all, not looking to spend much. will most likely pick one up cheap from flebay! Huwei going for tenner!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769427
    2. What do you see?3037
    3. Add one, leave one game54415433
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.32

See more discussions