TalkTalk.. no internet 1 week after activation date.. Help

Found 25th Jul
Hi all.

This is on behalf of a relative. Their activation date was 18th July. He still has no internet, everytime he rings up it's an overseas call centre who tell him lies and tells him it will be fixed the next day... and the next... and the next... and so on.

the online forum are taking 2 days to reply and just tell us the same thing they say on the phone.

Just for clarification, he has a BT line at the address and doesn't need any internal work (ISP websites show "keep existing line" when trying to order a new package etc).

I'm at my wits end with it, what on earth should we do to fix it? does anyone have a UK team number? it's absolutely crazy!
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Call them up ask to be put through a manager threaten them with you will cancel within the cooling off period that normally works. But I would anyway friend at work is with them having loads of issues with customer service and them trying to fix theirs.
Sounds to me its the exchange. (Green cable box) happened to me when i left talk talk for sky. Talk talk need to send bt engineer to sort it out,
I would also cancel. Talk Talk are bottom of all customer service ratings by a wide margin every year
He can't cancel for free because he had TalkTalk for a while but was forced to move house so he took TalkTalk with him mid-contract aaaand now this...
Cause you been messed about I’d contact the CEO department.

CEO
5.1 If you're not satisfied with our initial response to your complaint, please ask to speak to a manager. If a manager is not available immediately, they will try to contact you within 2 working days.
5.2 If you are still not satisfied after speaking to a manager, you may ask the manager to escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office. Please give the manager the opportunity to resolve your complaint first before contacting the CEO's Office. You can also send your complaint directly by post to the following address: TalkTalk (CEO), PO Box 672, Salford. M5 0NG
5.3 The CEO's Office try to respond to every complaint received within 5 working days of receipt...

talktalk.co.uk/med…pdf
Phone up and cancel it and go with a better supplier, you have only 14 days to do this.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Jul
cmdr_elito6 m ago

Phone up and cancel it and go with a better supplier, you have only 14 …Phone up and cancel it and go with a better supplier, you have only 14 days to do this.

I have 0 days, as mentioned above I am mid contract I moved houses.
ArcAndPie21 m ago

Then just write to them stating that as you have no service and they have failed to restore it despite numerous promises and calls from you chasing it up, they are in breach of the terms and conditions of their service contract and that you want to cancel with immediate effect penalty free and that if they do not do it you will be taking legal action.

It worked with telewest when I had an issue with them not sending me itemised bills only red letters chasing me for payment, I kept asking for a copy of the bill (none ever got provided) but paid the red letter until I got cheesed off and told them along the above and that if they didn’t disconnect me and collect the equipment within 24 hours I would leave it at the edge of the property boundary in a bag and sever the cable at the edge of the boundary.

They told me they would charge me £700 disconnection fee as I was breaching the contract by cancelling early, I then reminded them that by not providing me with an itemised bill they had in fact not provided me with the service they contractually agreed to and they waived the fee and collected the equipment the next day. I paid the remaining red bill and that was it. Happy days!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Jul
ArcAndPie19 m ago

Thought it was a relatives problem
chocci1 m ago

It is, sorry, just been talking to TalkTalk pretending to be him so just habit
chocci16 m ago

Muhahahahaha
Little tip, Take out a new contract with them, That will give you so long as a cooling off period. Use that cooling off period to sign up to another provider :). I've recently done that ;).
9 days without internet,

I emailed CEO yesterday. The head office called today.

Told my relative it seems to be an issue with open reach, apparently they keep knocking the job back saying it's complete and working when it's not.

Idk what's true and what isn't anymore but I tell you one thing it's nice to hear someone on the phone from TalkTalk side that is based in the UK!!
Wouldn't touch TalkTalk with a barge pole. First negative story I heard was from a relative who was without a landline for over a month (eventually cancelled with them). Since then I've not heard any positives about them, only negatives. Sure, many will have no issues (they're either lucky or never called customer services) with them. This was years ago and they do not seem to have improved for their customers at all. I wish people would do their research before committing to certain services etc for their own sake, especially in this more informed society we have now become. Not saying I've never made similar mistakes but once bitten..... Thank heaven (or whatever) we have HUKD and the like.
Edited by: "philedsch" 28th Jul
.MUFC.26th Jul

Little tip, Take out a new contract with them, That will give you so long …Little tip, Take out a new contract with them, That will give you so long as a cooling off period. Use that cooling off period to sign up to another provider :). I've recently done that ;).

Assuming that manoeuvre is classed as a new contract and not an extension, that is one of the best curveball options I have seen on this site for a long time. Should be a first page sticky to stuff it to any non-performing / uncooperative / useless service provider. Respect.
AndyRoyd28th Jul

Assuming that manoeuvre is classed as a new contract and not an …Assuming that manoeuvre is classed as a new contract and not an extension, that is one of the best curveball options I have seen on this site for a long time. Should be a first page sticky to stuff it to any non-performing / uncooperative / useless service provider. Respect.

I wouldn't want to broadcast it too much ;). I have gone from Sky>Vodafone. I originally called Sky to cancel my new deal offer since it was in the cooling off period. I assumed I'd revert back to my initial contract which ends in September. But nope, Sky advisor advised me to just take the contract with Vodafone. Chose to keep my number etc.. Now a Vodafone customer and Sky owe me £7
ArcAndPie27th Jul

9 days without internet,I emailed CEO yesterday. The head office called …9 days without internet,I emailed CEO yesterday. The head office called today.Told my relative it seems to be an issue with open reach, apparently they keep knocking the job back saying it's complete and working when it's not.Idk what's true and what isn't anymore but I tell you one thing it's nice to hear someone on the phone from TalkTalk side that is based in the UK!!

9 days;... amateur!

From 24 January 2012...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…742 ]

The Dilbert.com Cartoon Strip for 22 January 2012 reminds me of my many conversations with TalkTalk Business last year.

34524399-eOGOM.jpg

...and 16 July 2011...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…574 ]

"...I ended up buying a new router to disprove Talk Talk's suggestion it was my (original) equipment that was the cause of my issue a few months ago.

I didn't expect a refund &, of course, I didn't get one; but it meant my problem took 24 days to resolve, not 31... so it was worth it.... probably..."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants