TalkTalk.. No internet nearly 3 weeks after moving house.

Found 7th Aug
Hi all. This is for a relative, for ease of things I will say "I" but I'm talking on his behalf .

I moved house and took my TalkTalk with me. Was told no problem be up and running on 18th July.

Back and forth calling etc leading to nowhere. Was forced to email CEO office. They now ring me every few days with an update but keep telling me to wait days at a time. An engineer was supposed to come today but the CEO office called me and said it was cancelled so they will look into it and ring me back .. this was over an hour ago.

I'm really at my wits end.. I have no idea what to do.. tomorrow marks 3 weeks without internet... if it truly is openreach and not TalkTalk I'm pretty much stuck?? or is it worth moving elsewhere?
Community Updates
AskInternet
8 Comments
We used to have their business broadband at work and they where very cheap but customer service absolutely awful.

There's a reason they're cheap and they have been top of the worst customer services for a few years now. Sorry cant help and we just moved provider.
I went a few months without broadband with them, I wouldn't have minded but need it for work so had to buy a mobile wifi dongle.
Talk talk was the most stressful service provider I have ever had to deal with, you just can not talk common sense the the staff at there foreign call centre, jump ship why you can. It is worth paying the extra for a provider with a UK call centre if possible, I myself am now with BT, not sure about there call centre being UK or not but in 2 years never had to contact them as fibre service charge not gave me any issues. £29 a month for 76mb fibre to my home.

If you are desperate for internet why not get yourself a three network SIM from the supermarket or b&m for around £1 and top up £35 and get the all you can eat data plan,then tether from your phone, I do this when touring in my caravan so all the family still have internet, especially for my daughter's so they can still use the ps4 console and mobile phones for snap chat etc. Runs more than fast enough for us all to be connected at the same time using YouTube or Netflix etc.

All in one 35 add on see image below
34628961-7CDP1.jpg

Or if you can wait a few days £25 delivered here pre loaded on a SIM card. ebay.co.uk/itm…9ov
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 7th Aug
My friend is still with them after having his details leaked in the hack. Why do people continue to use this awful company?
Just cancel it - they have failed to provide you with a service, so can't charge you for it.
3 weeks today, no internet.
Admittedly the CEO office has been very consistent with communication. Shame the rest of the company doesn't follow suit.
mogsog7th Aug

My friend is still with them after having his details leaked in the hack. …My friend is still with them after having his details leaked in the hack. Why do people continue to use this awful company?

Guilty (I guess i'm lazy and its still cheap), although after 2 years of scam calls I just changed my number, no scam calls now (until talk talk lose my details again)
ArcAndPie8th Aug

3 weeks today, no internet.Admittedly the CEO office has been very …3 weeks today, no internet.Admittedly the CEO office has been very consistent with communication. Shame the rest of the company doesn't follow suit.

Cancel now, you should have learned in the 3 weeks they aren't going to be great, have a google there are plenty of comments like yours. Get out while you can.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants