Talktalk Users

Found 4th Dec 2008
Anyone else noticed really slow downloads speeds on Raipdsare (Free User)

I have noticed slow speeds for last few mouths (lucky to get 100kps)

It not my Connection as i checked wuth speedtest and i get 6MB (on 8MB Connection)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

ive never reached a 100 on any site,think yaself lucky. they r doing upgrades to lines and system this week,they say u may get lag until completed

Banned

Yeah, I find rapidshare slow but I think that's deliberate to try and get you to subscribe. I don't think it's a fault of Talktalk coz I get regular speeds of 10mb and that's with a supposed 8mb download speed!

I've been having issues every now and again but reached a download speed the other day of 550 kb/s! Nearly fell off my chair lol!
Seems to slow down at peak times but I suppose that's to be expected with TalkTalk as they traffic share.

I'm with talktalk until min period expires. Most evenings, a dial-up connection would be quicker. :x

Original Poster

davedew;3661379

ive never reached a 100 on any site,think yaself lucky. they r doing … ive never reached a 100 on any site,think yaself lucky. they r doing upgrades to lines and system this week,they say u may get lag until completed

where did u hear this info

spider1986;3661470

that's to be expected with TalkTalk as they traffic share.

All ADSL connections are shared, it'd wouldn't work any other way.

However, TalkTalk do implement traffic shaping which means they cut your speed when you're doing some things which may be the cause of the problem, especially if other TalkTalk users have the same problem and users of another ISP don't.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ashes thread(prizes)58
    2. Gran Turismo Sport - Collector's Edition (PS4) £79.54 Delivered @ Amazon.de11
    3. Is Black Friday a big con!2231
    4. Beetlejuice Remake87

See more discussions