TalkTalk vs EE Broadband vs Plusnet

Found 23rd Dec 2015
Who do you feel is the best broadband provider of these and why?
Community Updates
19 Comments
plusnet hands down,the others are horrific
for the love of everything you hold dear avoid talk talk like a plague of vermin, which is actually a fair description of them
Original Poster
phil36

for the love of everything you hold dear avoid talk talk like a plague of … for the love of everything you hold dear avoid talk talk like a plague of vermin, which is actually a fair description of them

​Really?! Why?
ck12111

​Really?! Why?

Got customer data leaked about 3 times in last 12 months due to incompetence of their team. Support is pretty disastrous too...
talktalk for me but you do have to do all the work if things stop working. luckily only had the only one prob when internet kept dropping. defo avoid plusnet as they charge a fee just to leave them even when the contract has ended.
Original Poster
redmouse2

talktalk for me but you do have to do all the work if things stop … talktalk for me but you do have to do all the work if things stop working. luckily only had the only one prob when internet kept dropping. defo avoid plusnet as they charge a fee just to leave them even when the contract has ended.

​Seriously? I swear that's not even legal?
Talk talk may be cheap but their broadband is the pits, it take an absolute age to load
I would avoid EE as well, speed dropped to less than 1mb / sec for hours on end at least once a week usually more often. Yet before using the sa,e line with sky zero issues. Paid to get out of the EE contract after 8 months and back with sky, zero issues so far.
Why are you looking at those 3? That is like asking which is the best? An Austin Maestro, A Lada or a Yugo, when for just a little bit more per month you can have something like a Honda Prelude.

Spend the bit extra a month and get BT, Sky or Virgin. Fibre if it is available.
Original Poster
NEtech

Why are you looking at those 3? That is like asking which is the best? … Why are you looking at those 3? That is like asking which is the best? An Austin Maestro, A Lada or a Yugo, when for just a little bit more per month you can have something like a Honda Prelude. :)Spend the bit extra a month and get BT, Sky or Virgin. Fibre if it is available.

BT is very expensive (and can't get BT Sport in my area) already got Sky and Virgin not available in my area.
None, they all suck. They throttle your internet during peak times, forget that mess.

BT Sky Virgin are the way forward. Worth waiting around for a good cashback deal.
ck12111

BT is very expensive (and can't get BT Sport in my area) already got … BT is very expensive (and can't get BT Sport in my area) already got Sky and Virgin not available in my area.

If you already have Sky then stick with it, do not touch any of the 3 you listed, you will only be back in here in a few months time asking if there are any loopholes so you can get out of the contract.....they all do!

Edited by: "NEtech" 23rd Dec 2015
check and see what providers are in your local exchange and do a comparison on the broadband comparison sites
Banned
talktalk for me their services has been v good. Cheap to start with 7 years ago now the prices are all the same
PenguinsForAll

None, they all suck. They throttle your internet during peak times, … None, they all suck. They throttle your internet during peak times, forget that mess.BT Sky Virgin are the way forward. Worth waiting around for a good cashback deal.

EE certainly dont throttle. I am with them currently and still hit 76mbps at all times of the evening. Wouldnt really say there was anything special with them, its just they were the cheapest around 2 years ago when i joined them and had a nice quidco offer at the time.
The days of 'Good' ISP's are pretty much gone, like when Nildram and Pipex were first starting out.
stubbadub

EE certainly dont throttle. I am with them currently and still hit 76mbps … EE certainly dont throttle. I am with them currently and still hit 76mbps at all times of the evening. Wouldnt really say there was anything special with them, its just they were the cheapest around 2 years ago when i joined them and had a nice quidco offer at the time. The days of 'Good' ISP's are pretty much gone, like when Nildram and Pipex were first starting out.

EE do throttle. My mother has EE fibre and has atrocious download speeds during the day/evening.

The days of good ISPs are far from over though. Sky and BT offer 12 month contracts, unlike EE and others who offer 18 minimum. Sometimes you have to wait a few months for a nice deal to come by, but it's well worth the wait.
PenguinsForAll

EE do throttle. My mother has EE fibre and has atrocious download speeds … EE do throttle. My mother has EE fibre and has atrocious download speeds during the day/evening.The days of good ISPs are far from over though. Sky and BT offer 12 month contracts, unlike EE and others who offer 18 minimum. Sometimes you have to wait a few months for a nice deal to come by, but it's well worth the wait.

You may want to get in touch with EE with regards to the speed then. As i say, the speeds in the evening are consistant on my line and on my neighbours who are also on EE.

Aslo from EE's page Here
"EE’s fibre broadband and on-net broadband services are not subject to traffic management. This means that we don’t reduce the speed of your service at any time of the day."
stubbadub

You may want to get in touch with EE with regards to the speed then. As i … You may want to get in touch with EE with regards to the speed then. As i say, the speeds in the evening are consistant on my line and on my neighbours who are also on EE.Aslo from EE's page Here "EE’s fibre broadband and on-net broadband services are not subject to traffic management. This means that we don’t reduce the speed of your service at any time of the day."

That's news to my ears, I thought they used to traffic manage, unless it was only their basic broadband packages.
I've been with Plus.Net for about 4 years now. Unthrottled fibre, supposed to be 37 but comes in around 26, very good uptime, easily contactable with the UK call centre, easy to manage/look after/check usage. Managed to haggle them down every year too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants