Talktalk youvieew box issue: "We can't add this to my tv as its is not available on demand"

Posted 15th Oct 2018
I have a TalkTalk youvieew box on the latest software including for App and everytime I try plan a recording from the TV guide I get the message:
We can't add this to my tv as its is not available on demand.

I have tried a factory reset and rebooting the box did not resolve the issue.

Anyone know how to fix?

3079999-juKl5.jpg

Community Updates
Ask

Groups

31 Comments
deleted1080215
All channels?
Does your YV box actually have a recording function? Some boxes are view-only + on-demand only, and where on-demand is streamed via Internet+integral app after the programme has been broadcast. What's the box model number?
AndyRoyd15/10/2018 10:29

Does your YV box actually have a recording function? Some boxes are …Does your YV box actually have a recording function? Some boxes are view-only + on-demand only, and where on-demand is streamed via Internet+integral app after the programme has been broadcast. What's the box model number?

Yes has recording feature, as there is a Record button on the remote. This is an upgrade box sent by TT as the previous box also had a record feature. I am TalkTalk TV + fibre broadband. I check the model number...
deleted108021515/10/2018 08:43

All channels?

Yes for all channels.
deleted1080215
What I mean is does it say this for terrestrial channnels as well as for Internet channels?
deleted108021515/10/2018 11:04

What I mean is does it say this for terrestrial channnels as well as for …What I mean is does it say this for terrestrial channnels as well as for Internet channels?

The screenshot above is for BBC One HD, I don't watch internet channels.
deleted1080215
rimalpatel00715/10/2018 11:55

The screenshot above is for BBC One HD, I don't watch internet channels.

Can you record BBC SD?
deleted1080215
From youview site..

'YouView is a connected service that uses the internet for most of our best features, like On Demand, scroll back TV or search.

You can use YouView without an internet connection but you’ll be missing out on what makes YouView, YouView. Connecting to The internet gives you access to the backwards EPG, IP channels and On Demand content.'

Your message says something about' on demand '. Have you checked you are connected to Internet? Done a rescan? Hardware update?
deleted108021515/10/2018 12:18

From youview site..'YouView is a connected service that uses the internet …From youview site..'YouView is a connected service that uses the internet for most of our best features, like On Demand, scroll back TV or search.You can use YouView without an internet connection but you’ll be missing out on what makes YouView, YouView. Connecting to The internet gives you access to the backwards EPG, IP channels and On Demand content.'Your message says something about' on demand '. Have you checked you are connected to Internet? Done a rescan? Hardware update?

Yes, hardware and app is connected. I did a rescan and I can see all channels under freeview entitlement.
The YV box tells me I am online and I can see the channel logo which are pulled using internet.
I also loaded up BBC iPlayer by registering using my phone app and was playback a show. I am able to load up other on-demand apps with no issues.

deleted108021515/10/2018 12:08

Can you record BBC SD?

No, I cannot record any channels.
What model number is it?
Perhaps your new box does not have the ability to record? Most remote controls have record button, doesn't mean your Box is able to. Contact TT and if so rip them a new one
*another thought; have you tried pressing a different button? Perhaps with this new box you need to press another button to schedule a recording
Edited by: "jco83" 15th Oct 2018
deleted1080215
fearona15/10/2018 16:22

This what?

This question... WHAT MODEL IS IT?
jco8315/10/2018 16:23

Perhaps your new box does not have the ability to record? Most remote …Perhaps your new box does not have the ability to record? Most remote controls have record button, doesn't mean your Box is able to. Contact TT and if so rip them a new one*another thought; have you tried pressing a different button? Perhaps with this new box you need to press another button to schedule a recording

I pay £30 for fibre and anytime calls which has been discounted from 40 odd pounds. I don't think TT will send out a non recoding box especially as my previous box had recording feature which I used!
Understand your point but why would the menu section have MyTv section, this is the section where all the recordings are kept.
rimalpatel00715/10/2018 17:56

I pay £30 for fibre and anytime calls which has been discounted from 40 …I pay £30 for fibre and anytime calls which has been discounted from 40 odd pounds. I don't think TT will send out a non recoding box especially as my previous box had recording feature which I used!Understand your point but why would the menu section have MyTv section, this is the section where all the recordings are kept.

The MyTV section is now available for non-recordable YouView boxes and you can access your Watch List from here. Adding content to your Watch List is the same as a normal box (pressing record on the programme or through the programme information panel). On a non-recordable device the option for Recording and Scheduled are not available. A message will appear at the top of the screen to confirm that a programme can’t be added
rimalpatel00715/10/2018 17:56

I pay £30 for fibre and anytime calls which has been discounted from 40 …I pay £30 for fibre and anytime calls which has been discounted from 40 odd pounds. I don't think TT will send out a non recoding box especially as my previous box had recording feature which I used!Understand your point but why would the menu section have MyTv section, this is the section where all the recordings are kept.

I've never had a youview box. Clearly from people's comments here there are different models of it. That's why they are asking you what model box it is
Edited by: "jco83" 15th Oct 2018
jco8315/10/2018 18:37

I've never had a youview box. Clearly from people's comments here there …I've never had a youview box. Clearly from people's comments here there are different models of it. That's why they are asking you what model box it is

They won't say for some reason?
fearona15/10/2018 18:44

It may be they don't know how to find what model it is
fearona21 m ago

The MyTV section is now available for non-recordable YouView boxes and …The MyTV section is now available for non-recordable YouView boxes and you can access your Watch List from here. Adding content to your Watch List is the same as a normal box (pressing record on the programme or through the programme information panel). On a non-recordable device the option for Recording and Scheduled are not available. A message will appear at the top of the screen to confirm that a programme can’t be added

So this could be your answer OP
In which case I think you contact them and rip them a new one!!
jco8315/10/2018 18:50

It may be they don't know how to find what model it is

Its on the back of the box. I reckon it's a non-recordable box but op seems to ignore our requests for this info
chocci15/10/2018 18:59

Its on the back of the box. I reckon it's a non-recordable box but op …Its on the back of the box. I reckon it's a non-recordable box but op seems to ignore our requests for this info

They were probably just unaware non-recording boxes existed until now, and are a bit dumb-founded that TalkTalk stiffed them!
deleted1080215
fearona45 m ago

I think you're right. They're being deliberately obtuse. I won't waste my 'breath' any more.
chocci15/10/2018 18:59

Its on the back of the box. I reckon it's a non-recordable box but op …Its on the back of the box. I reckon it's a non-recordable box but op seems to ignore our requests for this info

I've was at work when I posted and still not home yet. Once I get home later tonight I will update everyone.
rimalpatel00715/10/2018 19:40

I've was at work when I posted and still not home yet. Once I get home …I've was at work when I posted and still not home yet. Once I get home later tonight I will update everyone.

And the model number is?
From the settings page:
35656081-SpsNY.jpg

Huawei dn360t is not a recorder, it's just a basic Freeview box with catch up services
chocci38 m ago

Huawei dn360t is not a recorder, it's just a basic Freeview box with catch …Huawei dn360t is not a recorder, it's just a basic Freeview box with catch up services

Thanks for confirmation.
Going to speak to TT as to why they think this is acceeptable as I upgraded my TT contract and get non-recording because whereas previus conttact I was using a recoding box.
jco8315/10/2018 19:03

They were probably just unaware non-recording boxes existed until now, and …They were probably just unaware non-recording boxes existed until now, and are a bit dumb-founded that TalkTalk stiffed them!

Fyi recordable box is being sent out plus I pressed their button and got 9 months worth of discount for sending out a 'stiffed' box.
rimalpatel00732 m ago

Fyi recordable box is being sent out plus I pressed their button and got …Fyi recordable box is being sent out plus I pressed their button and got 9 months worth of discount for sending out a 'stiffed' box.

Ha ha Nice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants