TalkTalkTV to stop supporting UV content

Found 14th Dec 2017
If you are a buyer of DVD/BR's you probably get a digital copy with it. It seems that TalkTalkTV has now withdrawn the service for streaming the content.2855152-7PhLk.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
New content.

Welcome to digital hahhahaahahaha. etc.
I watch and buy abroad ..
Ah rubbish. So where can we watch them now. Rakuten used to do it but now they dont either. I have over 100 of the things
sparx19812 h, 34 m ago

Ah rubbish. So where can we watch them now. Rakuten used to do it but now …Ah rubbish. So where can we watch them now. Rakuten used to do it but now they dont either. I have over 100 of the things

Flixster supposedly....
Thats fine. But no-where has tht app. Now-tv boxes dropped support for it. Android tv's dont have it, nor do xbox's. The only way I know of using it maybe via chromecast.... Possibly.
Been saying this to people for a while. Shouldn’t pay for air.
Works fine on android too.... But if i want to watch on my tv my only option appears to be casting it
Original Poster
Flixster does not have the rights for current Fox or Sony titles, nor can they be redeemed there.
Original Poster
deleted5795914th Dec 2017

Disney is currently launching Disney Movies Anywhere, its going to take …Disney is currently launching Disney Movies Anywhere, its going to take over from VUDU and UV and you can transfer everything over to it.. its out in the US now coming soon to Europe.its a million times better than UV loads of studios are on board from Sony, Fox (now disney anyway), Paramount etc.. all the big names.. its been developed very carefully and it will be the future of storing all digital movie and tv show content for streaming anywhere.

I am not sure I agree that Movies Anywhere, (Disney Movies Anywhere closed in October) is something we should be excited about. I have read the reviews on Facebook, Google Play & iTunes that the service is deleted movies out of their accounts and there is no record left of purchase or redeem at the retailer or UV. In addition, Movies Anywhere does not have any sharing functionality like UV does. So you will have to share your retailer logins rather than movie locker with people.
sparx198119 m ago

Works fine on android too.... But if i want to watch on my tv my only …Works fine on android too.... But if i want to watch on my tv my only option appears to be casting it

Or get a cheap £25 android TV box
As usual the only people suffering are customers - this sucks.

As bad as premier league must be sold to two broadcasters and then both charge you a fortune and hold fans to ransom for content.

Much better than 1

i have over 100 movies on UV and like others said not all are on flixster....

what a con

Disney is currently launching Disney Movies Anywhere, its going to take …Disney is currently launching Disney Movies Anywhere, its going to take over from VUDU and UV and you can transfer everything over to it.. its out in the US now coming soon to Europe.its a million times better than UV loads of studios are on board from Sony, Fox (now disney anyway), Paramount etc.. all the big names.. its been developed very carefully and it will be the future of storing all digital movie and tv show content for streaming anywhere.

Someone told me about this other day - so I can transfer all my UVs over to it??
I've bought nearly 300 movies on iTunes over the years and have noticed some disappearing from my library. One that really annoyed me was 'Star Wars - The Phantom Menace'... it was purchased for £3.99 - Price it should be !

I contacted apple and was given the full price credited to my iTunes account

Always keep your invoices from the iTunes Store for future reference

I've lost music and music videos too refunded for them too! always keep a back up copy now on an external Hard Drive.. Sadly you can't do that with the deleted movies, you can download them, but they won't play.

Highly unlikely to launch in the UK. After all this isn’t a recently launched service, just a rebranded one and they never launched it outside the US
So basically with that service i can see my movies tht are in google play, talk talk movies, ultraviolet and where ever else.... All in one place. Sounds perfect.
Therefore I wont hold out much hope.
Found this on Wikipedia...

"Movies Anywhere is a competitor to the UltraViolet platform that was deployed by other major film studios; Disney declined to back the platform, in favor of promoting KeyChest as an alternative."
2 seconds later.....

This link shows how you can link a Vudu account to Movies Anywhere and get access to your ultraviolet movies from there. Not Ultraviolet directly but may be enough. Just hope there is a solution when it comes here (if it does)

How to get your UV movies to show in Disney Movies Anywhere
deleted5795915th Dec 2017

Its not rebranded, Its different from Disney Movies Anywhere which was …Its not rebranded, Its different from Disney Movies Anywhere which was purely for Disney stuff, This is a digital locker across Itunes, Google Play, Physical Media etc.. with pretty much every company onboard for it, and I believe its been suggested its coming to europe in the near future. With the Fox Purchase now, they will have a foot in the door in europe with Sky and if they buy the other 61% of shares then they will have a leg in the door..

It is rebranded, it works exactly the same as it did before, they just have more platforms signed up and more movie studios supporting it. That doesn’t make it any more likely to launch in the UK though just like UV never got anything more than a half hearted attempt to launch outside the US.

And the Disney/Fox deal isnt going to go through for 2 years and there is a pretty big chance it might not go through, it has to go through so many different regulator processes because Fox have assets in so many countries as does Disney that getting everyone to sign off is going to be tough.

What? The Disney Fox deal is done, Marvel have literally just announced …What? The Disney Fox deal is done, Marvel have literally just announced that X-Men, Fantastic Four & Deadpool are coming to MCU.. why woudl they announce that if it wasnt a done deal?

No its not done, they have announced they have come to an agreement in principle but there is more to takeovers and mergers than that. There is a regulatory process to go through, a process that needs to go through in every country the two parties operate in, Fox has operations that Disney have agreed to buy in most countries in the world and Disney have their own in most of those countries as well. Disney have themselves said this process will take atleast 18months before everything is rubber stamped and Fox becomes part of Disney

Its like how Fox agreed to buy the remaining 61% of Sky back in December 2016 and its now December 2017 and it hasn't yet happened and its not expected to happen before June 2018. And thats a much simpler deal than Disney buying Fox (And actually the Sky deal complicates the Disney deal as well). There are alot of things that can go wrong that either require Disney and Fox to go back to the negotiating table (For example Disneys bid is almost certainly based on Fox's Sky take over going through or we could see one country blocking the takeover which would have to see a new deal put in place with Sky only being 39% owned or with the assets in that counry being taken out of the mix and remaining in current Fox's hands along with the main fox channel in the US and the Fox Sports channels)

tl;dr

The tl:dr is what I initial said, it’s not happened yet. You can’t really explain it beyond that in a sentence
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions