Tall TV stand for LG / Samsung

Found 5th JanEdited by:"Bestard"
Thinking of getting an LG or Samsung TV - probably 49" screen, but the intended cabinet for this to sit on is only 40cm high and I want the bottom of the TV to be 60cm height from the ground.

Therefore, can anyone suggest a stand that will raise a TV by 20cm?
Wall mounting is absolutely not an option in this scenario.

I imagine the TV manufacturers probably won't sell such a thing themselves?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
Those old BT Phone books could well come into their own here.........
TVs have their mounting holes in different positions, so the same stand will raise the same sized TV by different amounts depending on the model.

So while it's worth seeing what's available you should narrow down the TV model first before making a final purchase.
Original Poster
webtrawler2 h, 36 m ago

How about one of these …How about one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-26-71-Tabletop-TV-Stand-Bracket-Pedestal-LCD-LED-VESA-Universal-UK/282452736810?epid=11010804058&hash=item41c37ebb2a:m:mFCqSpofgSFQ3IadvUHnEGQ

Interesting, thanks.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves1 h, 16 m ago

TVs have their mounting holes in different positions, so the same stand …TVs have their mounting holes in different positions, so the same stand will raise the same sized TV by different amounts depending on the model.So while it's worth seeing what's available you should narrow down the TV model first before making a final purchase.

You seem well informed about TVs.
In your opinion, what is a good height (floor to bottom edge of TV) for a 49" TV?
My current 40" TV is 60cm.
Bestard1 h, 53 m ago

You seem well informed about TVs.In your opinion, what is a good height …You seem well informed about TVs.In your opinion, what is a good height (floor to bottom edge of TV) for a 49" TV?My current 40" TV is 60cm.

I've never actually seen it tested. I'm sure there have been studies done, but it's always presented as the opinion of one person/body with no evidence backing it up.

You can't measure from the floor as different chairs are different heights, all measurements would have to be from eye level. And of course in the real world it's going to be affected by things like the angle to your light source. If you put it too high you may see ceiling lights reflected in it.

I would always recommend the pragmatic approach in a case like this. Buy the TV you want and if you find it looks too low after a month or two of getting used to it, then buy a stand to position it higher.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions