Tap water safe to drink in Malaga / Mijas

Found 19th Feb 2015
Can anyone confirm if the tap water in Malaga or Mijas (Spain) is safe to drink or should UK travellers buy bottled water? Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Drinks
  3. Tap
20 Comments

I would personally buy bottled. It's not expensive over there

Yes it's safe to drink, I researched it with google before I went there last year.

However, I'd personally buy bottled and not risk having an issue as what bugs are in their water will be different to what you are used to in your water at home so I don't take the risk of a ruined holiday. As has been said bottled water is cheap.

Yes! I have been there and was told that it is safe.

dont drink the water.it will give you the runsand i dont need too tell.how i found out

Banned

michaelbevan583

dont drink the water.it will give you the runsand i dont need too … dont drink the water.it will give you the runsand i dont need too tell.how i found out

I'm scared of the runsand.

If you're one of these people with a cast iron stomach, you'll be alright.
If you're sick after a half shandy, I wouldn't risk it!

lanc1979

If you're one of these people with a cast iron stomach, you'll be … If you're one of these people with a cast iron stomach, you'll be alright.If you're sick after a half shandy, I wouldn't risk it!

X) Yip, the best way to know!!!!

I have never bought bottled water in Spain, tap water is completely safe.

It's safe as has been said, Just foreign bugs in it that you may not be used too, Might be wise to boil it first to be sure.

The OP asked; Is the tap water safe to drink?....the answer is yes it is safe to drink.

No stick to the beer

So in a nutshell,

Yes it's safe to drink. However, don't drink it because it's not safe to drink.

That's that cleared up.

depends where you are drinking, in hotels I don't use the water any more, for two reasons one the story below, not the first time someone has been found in a water tank and second on a business trip at a high class hotel last year I was washing my face, eyes closed and suddenly brown water came out of the taps opened my eyes just at the rioght time

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

It is safe to drink. Meaning it wont kill you.
But it may upset your guts, due to different water treatment from in the UK

as above, safe to drink, but you may get a dodgy stomach for 24 hours. Even if you drink bottled water you may still get a dodgy stomach, as there are plenty of other sources.

Its normally caused by your body encountering bacteria that its not used to, so your digestive system has to "reset" itself.

There is some evidence that "probiotic" drinks/tablets (you can get them in holland and barrett) can help people avoid travellers stomach.

Ive never had it in Spain, but got it in Serbia a few years ago.

eslick

depends where you are drinking, in hotels I don't use the water any more, … depends where you are drinking, in hotels I don't use the water any more, for two reasons one the story below, not the first time someone has been found in a water tank and second on a business trip at a high class hotel last year I was washing my face, eyes closed and suddenly brown water came out of the taps opened my eyes just at the rioght timehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346022/Death-21-year-old-tourist-LA-hotel-water-tank-accidental.html

No mention that any of the residents were ill after this event....
We had brown water last week because I ignored the water board letter saying they were doing works in the area.

Heard the probiotic tip when doing a round the world trip.
Not just probiotic, but any live yoghurt will do. The theory being to introduce local good bacteria to your system which will help your body fight local bad bacteria.

safe to wash in and brush your teeth with

but as mentioned due to different water treatment process, its not recommended to drink, even in tea, unless you live there and are used to it
bottled water is mega cheap there for a reason its only in this country where its more expensive that fuel !
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 21st Feb 2015

Spend on bottled, if you prefer.
I go out there every few weeks, never had any problems adjusting

for the sake of about £5 for a week's supply, I always buy bottled water in spain

not worth taking the risk which might jeopardise a day or two of your holiday

besides, its dirt cheap and people pay 10 times the price in this country for the same product
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions