Groups

taps for bath & basin

I am looking to buy taps for mum & dads bathroom renovation.

They need a mixer tap for basin & taps for bath.

The taps they had in before barely lasted 3 years.

Please can someone advise something that will last then next 10-15 years at least as it such an expensive job to replace them.

I have seen taps selling at over £200 - but my parents don't have a huge budget but could stretch to about £150 for both......I don't know if thats reasonable for good quality taps?

I read somewhere that taps made from brass and with ceramic discs are longer lasting? ( but I'm no expert on this matter)

I would appreciate some advice/recommendation on what to buy. Thanks in advance. (they have a combi boiler).

8 Comments

I got Bristan ones for the basin and bath (with shower attachment) about 3yrs ago and they have been great - easy to clean and ceramic disc inside so no worries about washers needing replacement. Screwfix were really helpful too! May be a bit pricey but worth it IMHO!
    screwfix.com/p/b…751

Hubby is a plumber and tends to supply and fit mainly Bristan or Deva taps for quality. I don't know what the prices are like but thought I'd give you the names at least! I also know that Hansgrohe are very good but I think they are pricey! Hth

screwfix really good value for taps. victorian plumbing also good.

an expensive job to replace them you say

Shouldn't be expensive and it's quite an easy DIY job anyway

Original Poster

chocci

an expensive job to replace them you say Shouldn't be expensive and it's … an expensive job to replace them you say Shouldn't be expensive and it's quite an easy DIY job anyway

unfortunately we have no DIY skills...have watched you tube videos but think we'll end up flooding the bathroom so paid plumbers to do it and each time they took £50 - from what I remember they took more than cost of the taps themselves

£50 for the lot is quite reasonable. The bath tap(s) can be a mission to get off as it is difficult to get to the fixings if your bath is against a wall.

Original Poster

tallpete3311 h, 20 m ago

£50 for the lot is quite reasonable. The bath tap(s) can be a mission to …£50 for the lot is quite reasonable. The bath tap(s) can be a mission to get off as it is difficult to get to the fixings if your bath is against a wall.

They took 50 to replace tap in sink.....few months later they took another 50 to replace taps in bath......this was just labour.......mum n dad paid cost of taps on top of this....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which android box?47
      2. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup22
      3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations etc!711
      4. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots32

See more discussions