Tastecard Holders BEWARE!!!

Found 24th Apr 2013
If you hold a paid membership and don't use the card beware, that it an automatic renewal so you moved home you wont get the new card if you want it, and if you don't cancel 7 days before renewal you will be charged.
Community Updates
Misctastecard
18 Comments
It's always been an automatic renewal and they always send out an email about a month before its due.
That's if you get the email, they say if goes into your spam or you don't see it, that isn't there problem.
New members should be wary as it is hidden in their terms and conditions, very sneaky as it does not say anywhere else!

Personally I don't think it is worth the money anymore after they put it up to £79.95 from £29.95 plus some restaurants become awkward when using and with that many restaurant vouchers floating around on here and vouchercodes.co.uk, I just don't see the point.

It says a lot for the company if carphone warehouse have to give them away free with phones to get business
Edited by: "karlypants" 26th Apr 2013
karlypants

New members should be wary as it is hidden in their terms and conditions, … New members should be wary as it is hidden in their terms and conditions, very sneaky as it does not say anywhere else!

Do you mean they hide the terms and conditions in their terms and conditions?!
The swines.
Edited by: "greatest666" 26th Apr 2013
greatest666

Do you mean they hide the terms and conditions in their terms and … Do you mean they hide the terms and conditions in their terms and conditions?!The swines.

lol!

The issue is that it isn't clear what you are signing up for.

The website states a 12 month membership and that is it until you see their terms and conditions that are on another link.

I feel that it is poor that they cannot state this on the payment page or information page about the service and not hidden somewhere, I feel like it is somewhat false advertising.
Karly true, companies that want to take reoccurring payments defo need do via direct debt and make it very clear in what your signing up for.

12 months should mean 12 months!!
Edited by: "Reef" 1st May 2013
bought mine thru work for £15 so not automatic renewal for me
my renewal date was 1/11/13 my cc had expired 1/9/13 - I didn't get a renewal.
Beware, Beware, Beware. Sharp practice at best. When you sign up you are agreeing to automatic payment renewal in the dreaded T's and C's. Worse still you are told you can cancel up to the day before your membership ends but they put an expiry date on your card a week after your membership end date. Avoid. Companies who have a good product offer don't need to use sharp practice to get repeat business.
BigMcD email trading standards about Taste Card, they must be making millions ripping people off in this way.
Just happened to me. Very strict reply tough! I will not recommend tastecard to anyone this is very underhand practice. Well done tastecard you have had me over!!
Best you email their CEO and copy in Trading standings.

Call your Bank and block the payment also.
Complete rip off. They have lots of restaurants on their app that are no longer honouring the deal. When I contacted them about it they said they will look into it. They agreed they were wrong but only apologised. When I asked them for the 50% back that I shouldn't have to pay, they ignored all emails.

COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!
Agreed with above plus when I left negative reviews they deleted them !
smiler594

Agreed with above plus when I left negative reviews they deleted them !

Which review site did you post them on?

I'm deeply suspicious of review sites.
BigMcD

Beware, Beware, Beware. Sharp practice at best. When you sign up you are … Beware, Beware, Beware. Sharp practice at best. When you sign up you are agreeing to automatic payment renewal in the dreaded T's and C's. Worse still you are told you can cancel up to the day before your membership ends but they put an expiry date on your card a week after your membership end date. Avoid. Companies who have a good product offer don't need to use sharp practice to get repeat business.

Tesco just did this to me renewing their free shipping offer for an annual fee. Considering they've hiked the minimum spend up from £25 to £40, it's most definitely not what I signed up for. I stopped using this service when they increased the threshold. I'm glad for this reminder as I'll be contacting them today for a full refund. Should they refuse, they will lose me as a customer including my credit card which gets a good pounding and average spend over a grand per month.
Wish I'd seen this before signing up for their free trial. Can't block the payment, and no refund. Useless in our area unless you like pizza! Waste of 40 quid. Stay well away!
I have to dispel all these anti Tastecard comments above. I strongly agree with the lot of you !

1- I've had 3 Tastecard trials for a total of 9m free!

2- I always cancel after 3-4 weeks eg read their T&C's

"If you do not want to renew your membership you should contact us by telephone on 0800 5677 241 or 01484 477 645 at any point within your membership period and no later than 5pm on the working day preceding your renewal date."

3- I've enjoyed great offers of food in lots of places travelling up and down the UK for my job.

Overall, I've had great value and benefit from using my free Tastecard membership to date. I've always been able to cancel without a problem.

How you use it and deal with it is up to you eh?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants