Tattoo Half sleeve pain threshold

Found 4th Jul 2012
Hi guys

I have two tattoo's, one on my wrist/forearm which was very bearable and not painful at all, also recently one on my chest which hurt like hell I couldnt believe the contrast
they are just srcipt, nothing major

Anyway

I am booked in for a Japanese half sleeve in one sitting (8 hours approx) has anyone done a similar thing on here? Is the pain on the arm as bad as the chest, Im led to believe its a lot more bearable on the arm.
Just wondered if anyone had experience on doing it in one sitting really, even if the pain is horrific Ill still sit through it as Ive waited a while for the artist and Id rather put up with a days worth of pain instead of 3 visits over 2 months
Community Updates
15 Comments
my mate's in the tattooist's approx 2-3 times a week, he's recently had/is getting a batman full sleeve done on his left arm, the bit that he's said wrecks the most is the elbow, and it also depends on how much ink they try to push in, and how much use of the highlight needle they do.

I hate that f... I recently had my shin and calf done 2 4hr sittings, highlight is the worst bit by far IMO
Original Poster
Lucky for me Im only getting a half sleeve in the one sitting, stopping just above the elbow

Ive heard the ribs are bad too, not that Im going anywhere near there
Ive got 2 tattoos 1 on top of my left arm an a message going all the way round an down my right arm an i have to say both were very bearable only tough bit was near the armpit, an it is much more worthwille getting it done in the one day
deleted265520
My old man has a whole Japanese sleeve. Upper arm coloured and lower arm just in black atm.
Done by Louis Molloy - the bloke from London Ink (also did Beckham's and other celebrities work)

Going up in March (yes the waiting list is that long) for my first piece. Getting an Escher drawing on my upper arm. Will take 6 hours approximately and cost 450-600. It would take a standard tattoo artist about 15+ hours lol
Edited by: "deleted265520" 4th Jul 2012
I had to Google "Japanese sleeve tattoo" and I got this

http://creativefan.com/important/cf/2012/02/japanese-sleeve-tattoos/japanese-dragon-tattoo.jpg

If this is what you're having I wouldn't worry about the pain, more about looking like a tit
japenese u say?

http://pic.epicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tattoo-fail-picnic-table.jpg
The closer to the bone it is the more it hurts apparently.
Original Poster
dtovey89

My old man has a whole Japanese sleeve. Upper arm coloured and lower arm … My old man has a whole Japanese sleeve. Upper arm coloured and lower arm just in black atm.Done by Louis Molloy - the bloke from London Ink (also did Beckham's and other celebrities work)Going up in March (yes the waiting list is that long) for my first piece. Getting an Escher drawing on my upper arm. Will take 6 hours approximately and cost 450-600. It would take a standard tattoo artist about 15+ hours lol

My pals use Beany at Louis place, Im from Mcr myself
Banned
You will regret it when you are older.
The arm is easy, 8 hours is a lot though. I did a 6 hour session on my leg and was in tears by the end.
Original Poster
tattos aren't cool anymore, everyone has them. back when I was a nipper only sailors and prisoners got inked.

Thinking of getting a massive cock and balls on my back
Original Poster
So only sailors and prisoners with tattoos are cool?

I have been both does this mean I can get one?
iv got a few one on upper arm that wasnt painful at all, one on forearm that was ok

the first one i got was on my shoulder blade now THAT one hurt lol

as someone just said if its on a part where there is hardly any skin or fat and its boke itl hurt
fwibble

my mate's in the tattooist's approx 2-3 times a week, he's recently … my mate's in the tattooist's approx 2-3 times a week, he's recently had/is getting a batman full sleeve done on his left arm, the bit that he's said wrecks the most is the elbow, and it also depends on how much ink they try to push in, and how much use of the highlight needle they do.I hate that f... I recently had my shin and calf done 2 4hr sittings, highlight is the worst bit by far IMO

The highlighting stuff don't hurt me at all, its the outlineing that hurts a little.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions