Tattoo Question

I've sen a tattoo that I want, its quite a complicated half arm sleeve. I called the tattoosit today and emailed them the image of the tattoo I want, and they said it can be done, but they need me to bring in a copy of the design, the same size that i want.

However, I'm useless at Art... how do I copy in freehand this design off of this photo? Any help is appreciated!

Photo is below:

img.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

12 Comments

Go somewhere else the tatooist should draw it out for you imo

Banned

kungfu;5283387

Go somewhere else the tatooist should draw it out for you imo

:thumbsup:best to get the professional to draw it
will also be able to alter or add anything you may want

have you seen the tattooist work?? he should be able to design it to your arm if hes any good
remember cheapest is probably not going to be the best find a good tattooist first

As with all of the above, he should be able to work the image himself.

And get a few quotes first, don't go with the first one you find.

very nice ! any place i have been before tattooist draws and sizes accordingly you shouldnt be expected to do that sounds like he might not want to do it and is trying to put you off i would try somewhere else

Original Poster

So in theory, I could just print off that image, and they should be able to design and resize it all freehand?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/mikec172/2005121202.jpg

mcscoobs;5283780

So in theory, I could just print off that image, and they should be able … So in theory, I could just print off that image, and they should be able to design and resize it all freehand?

Exactly. :thumbsup:

As others have said, if the guy is worth his salt, you should get him to draw it out and resize as necessary.

I'd consider getting him to alter it so that you have something original. There's nothing worse than people all running about with the same tattoos - flash should be banned imo.

Any good tattoist artists wont copy someones elses work

Original Poster

To be honest, I'm not copying it exactly, but I need that design in like a line drawing, so I can play about with it... but its getting that design onto a line drawng thats the problem!

mcscoobs;5285267

To be honest, I'm not copying it exactly, but I need that design in like … To be honest, I'm not copying it exactly, but I need that design in like a line drawing, so I can play about with it... but its getting that design onto a line drawng thats the problem!

as i said, theres not a chance in hell id goto a tattooist who said what yours said, the one i goto draws stuff just from ideas you tell him

also wtf is it? be wary about covering your whole upper arm in something meaningless...my rule for tats is wait 1 year after the initial idea...see if you still want it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213599
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??13
    3. What an absolute disgrace2155
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134

See more discussions