Tax code changed on my payslips

Found 26th Jul 2016
Hello there,

I noticed that my tax code has changed from 0T to 999T on my payslips.

What does this mean?

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Quick google brought this up

gov.uk/emp…ers

T is used "When HMRC needs to review some items with the employee"

You'll not get taxed as much and will probably get some tax back on your next payslip. You should contact Hmrc to make sure this is the correct tax code for you.

You need to phone Hmrc up.

The T is for 'tax dodger', I think.

Means you have not sorted out your tax papers properly and are placed on a higher tax code. Ring the tax office and find out why its changed and what they want, often a simple issue.

Banned

if it has a number it means you are tax free to the amount.
it happens with agencies alot, you can share you allowance with more than one company

Original Poster

thanks for the replies guys. looks like i will need to contact HMRC

You have to add a zero at the end of the tax code number. You now have a Personal tax free allowance of £9990.

Reading about the troubles with HMRC, you might be put on hold for hours if you try phoning them!

It changes for me all the time - I think I had three in one year once.
It depends on things like how much you earn and what benefits you get from your employer like health insurance etc.

Original Poster

Bigfootpete

It changes for me all the time - I think I had three in one year once. It … It changes for me all the time - I think I had three in one year once. It depends on things like how much you earn and what benefits you get from your employer like health insurance etc.

i am thinking of leaving it for this month and wait see next months tax code

Original Poster

it turned out i payed too much tax (last year), they will review and refund @ some point
Post a comment
@
    Text