TAX CREDITS: has anybody ever reported a change in circumstances online?

Edited by:"gorgo2015"Found 15th Oct 2017
Hi, I'm receipt of Working tax Credits and my job ended last Friday. Yesterday I used my online tax account to report that the job had ended. Today I checked on the account and the change was not reported, plus there was no record of my earlier session. So I reported it again and I saved a screenshot of the confirmation. Then I logged out and in again. Yet my old job was still showing as live. I don't know how these things work. Is this going to be picked up by someone at the HMRC or do I have to make a good old fashioned telephone call to sort it out?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

Completed an online change of circumstances a couple of weeks ago. At the end of the process you should have seen a list of all your details and a tick against the ones you changed and a chance to edit them if you had amended incorrectly.
Received an updated letter 7-10 days later.

Original Poster

postmang16 m ago

Completed an online change of circumstances a couple of weeks ago. At the …Completed an online change of circumstances a couple of weeks ago. At the end of the process you should have seen a list of all your details and a tick against the ones you changed and a chance to edit them if you had amended incorrectly. Received an updated letter 7-10 days later.

Thanks. Yes, I've seen this tick. But logging in and logging out the tick is gone. Is it standard behaviour or should I worry?

Bear in mind you'll get working tax paid for another 4 weeks after your job ended. Then you should get a letter. So no real need to ring up or go online...but if you need confirmation ring HMRC at the end of the week.

Yes i did it online, in-fact i always use online system to update or change any details housing benefit - tax credits without any trouble . Could take 10-15 working days to update your records, and your change of circumstances starts from the day which you indicated in your form online, not from the day when you reported.

gorgo20152 h, 19 m ago

Thanks. Yes, I've seen this tick. But logging in and logging out the tick …Thanks. Yes, I've seen this tick. But logging in and logging out the tick is gone. Is it standard behaviour or should I worry?

No its standard behaviour. They will have got your request for your circumstances yo be changed, however the system wont do it automatically itself. A human being will update it. Can take upto 4-6 weeks but can be done within a few days
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions