Groups

Tax evasion (fraud) in the billions

Banned
    It appears our richest citizens "avoid" paying tax at all.

Now us minions pay by PAYE or SELF-ASSESSMENT pay dutifully on an ongoing or yearly basis.

Now some of the minions bitch about those peasants below them for being benefit scroungers & will continue to moan for the rest of their lives about those who are subservient to them.....

But the real scroungers are the billionaires.

bbc.co.uk/new…204

58 Comments

because it's easier to target those at the bottom who cannot afford to employ the best to help them get out of their obligations.

Having trouble sleeping? Try these

Original Poster Banned

shadey12

because it's easier to target those at the bottom who cannot afford to … because it's easier to target those at the bottom who cannot afford to employ the best to help them get out of their obligations.

And let those a the bottom & middle of the ladder fight against each other

AStonedRaichu

​and increase the profit for those not paying their fair share? no.

shadey12

because it's easier to target those at the bottom who cannot afford to … because it's easier to target those at the bottom who cannot afford to employ the best to help them get out of their obligations.

Absolutely. HMRC (or any Government dept) will always go after the 'soft targets' because it saves them having to do any real work and even if they get it wrong they'll just ignore you for years and years 'because they can'.

Take a look at a few of the posts about HMRC here; hmrcisshite.blogspot.co.uk/

Original Poster Banned

AStonedRaichu

Having trouble dealing with the reality of mass fraud within the UK committed by people with millions in their pockets?

Sleep well.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/222086622558-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 1st Nov 2016

the largest proportion of tax is paid by higher rate taxpayers.

Original Poster Banned

davewave

the largest proportion of tax is paid by higher rate taxpayers.

Wrong. The largest amount of tax is paid by small businesses. NEXT

HMRC wastes billions of pounds over many years chasing £1.9 billion.

£1.1 billion is down to tax avoidance schemes (so unlikely to recover any of that)

Well done to them oO

Edited by: "SJHan" 1st Nov 2016

YouDontWantToKnow

We are a small business and tend to avoid tax like the plague and so does every other business I know.

I don't blame them, in fact I support them. If I had to pay 40/45/50% I'd do exactly the same.

It should be a flat 20% for all, that's the whole point of a percentage, it's proportional, so they'd pay a lot more anyway.

Original Poster Banned

airfix

We are a small business and tend to avoid tax like the plague and so does … We are a small business and tend to avoid tax like the plague and so does every other business I know.

Yep. But its a fact that small businesses pay the majority of tax in the UK.

Maybe you should evade it harder...

airfix

We are a small business and tend to avoid tax like the plague and so does … We are a small business and tend to avoid tax like the plague and so does every other business I know.

Kudos for your honesty.

http://i.imgur.com/7gn7Y9T.gif

Original Poster Banned

splatsplatsplat

Yep.

When the poor & the self-righteous argue. They both get robbed blind by the rich.

Nice video. Sums it up

dcx_badass

I don't blame them, in fact I support them. If I had to pay 40/45/50% I'd … I don't blame them, in fact I support them. If I had to pay 40/45/50% I'd do exactly the same. It should be a flat 20% for all, that's the whole point of a percentage, it's proportional, so they'd pay a lot more anyway.

Personally I believe top-rate tax should be lower but taking 20% off someone who is earning £12-16k seems unfair, but also a massive disincentive to work. Those who earn more do have an obligation to pay even a tiny bit more surely?

£1.9BN, what is that as a percentage over the years that its all been added together?

There are so many people at the bottom and the middle who are on SA and put cash in their pocket or fake invoices, as a % of what should be paid I cant believe its much different!

Thieves are everywhere!

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Personally I believe top-rate tax should be lower but taking 20% off … Personally I believe top-rate tax should be lower but taking 20% off someone who is earning £12-16k seems unfair, but also a massive disincentive to work. Those who earn more do have an obligation to pay even a tiny bit more surely?

No b/c they take the most? They want tax free earnings and not to pay tax?

They would still work with tax if the benfits were not there for them.

If people really cared, if they really had a heart for low earners, they would want to increase their wages, not launder money through the government system so we all pay more, the government agencies touch the money and it comes out a 1/3rd less to give to the low/no earners.

YouDontWantToKnow

​we are talking about individuals ie Billionaires.

Higher rate taxpayers as **individuals** pay the highest proportion of tax!

It's simple: While the government allows loopholes that enable people to avoid tax, they'll avoid tax. I know I would if I were in their shoes, so why should I expect them to be any different?

OMG, the common peeps are on to us, quick, distract them with a frightening story about the French invading - what, the French aren't a threat anymore? Okay, frighten them with militant muslims - what the militant muslims are being defeated? Dammit! What about the Ruskies, can't we just go back to distracting people by frightening them with Russians?

Original Poster Banned

tryn2help

OMG, the common peeps are on to us, quick, distract them with a … OMG, the common peeps are on to us, quick, distract them with a frightening story about the French invading - what, the French aren't a threat anymore? Okay, frighten them with militant muslims - what the militant muslims are being defeated? Dammit! What about the Ruskies, can't we just go back to distracting people by frightening them with Russians?

Glad you find it funny.

You do know "divide & rule" is actually a tactic of Governments that they have used for thousands of years?

More fool you.

davewave

​we are talking about individuals ie Billionaires. Higher rate taxpayers a … ​we are talking about individuals ie Billionaires. Higher rate taxpayers as **individuals** pay the highest proportion of tax!

I agree with most of the general stuff you write but this????

Yes if you earn over £32K you pay a higher rate
    and if you earn over £150k you pay an even higher rate
    except that (over £150k) although you might pay the highest rate you can afford to "employ" accountants to minimise the actual amount of tax you physically pay

So (over £150k) do they actually pay 45% tax or do they (with all the tax avoidance flaws and expense scams) pay less than 20%

Yes I agree the governments should shut down immediately all these tax avoidance loop holes but I disagree with your statement that just because they're supposed to pay higher rates because they're higher earners doesn't mean they will pay the higher rate

philphil61

I agree with most of the general stuff you write but this????Yes if you … I agree with most of the general stuff you write but this????Yes if you earn over £32K you pay a higher rateand if you earn over £150k you pay an even higher rateexcept that (over £150k) although you might pay the highest rate you can afford to "employ" accountants to minimise the actual amount of tax you physically paySo (over £150k) do they actually pay 45% tax or do they (with all the tax avoidance flaws and expense scams) pay less than 20%Yes I agree the governments should shut down immediately all these tax avoidance loop holes but I disagree with your statement that just because they're supposed to pay higher rates because they're higher earners doesn't mean they will pay the higher rate

​Telegraph April 2016...
    The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the proportion of working-age adults who do not pay income tax has risen from 34.3 per cent to 43.8 per cent, equivalent to 23million people. 

Over the same period the amount of income tax paid by the richest 1 per cent has risen from 24.4 per cent to 27.5 per cent, meaning that 300,000 people pay more than a quarter of the nation's income tax.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the change has been driven by George Osborne's policies of tax cuts for low earners and hikes for those who earn the most.

Original Poster Banned

philphil61

So (over £150k) do they actually pay 45% tax or do they (with all the tax … So (over £150k) do they actually pay 45% tax or do they (with all the tax avoidance flaws and expense scams) pay less than 20%Yes I agree the governments should shut down immediately all these tax avoidance loop holes but I disagree with your statement that just because they're supposed to pay higher rates because they're higher earners doesn't mean they will pay the higher rate

Phil

There are thousands of people that gross tens of millions a year that pay no tax at all

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tippingcanoe.hukd/files/Pictures/thread2537998/1477999642221_transformed.png[/img]

Original Poster Banned

davewave

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tippingcanoe.hukd/files/Pictures/thread2537998/1477999642221_transformed.png[/img]

Not working mate

YouDontWantToKnow

Not working mate

​telegraph quote sums up anyhow

YouDontWantToKnow

Not working mate

​telegraph quote sums up anyhow

Hardly surprising really considering the politicians who could legislate all the loopholes away refuse to do so . Party backers , fellow MPs , friends and family all looked after by cronies in the government. You don't bite the hand that feeds you .

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tippingcanoe.hukd/files/Pictures/thread2537998/1478001624369_transformed.gif[/img]

link below in case mobile app glitches)
    philtaylor.org.uk/wp-…gif

plodging

Hardly surprising really considering the politicians who could legislate … Hardly surprising really considering the politicians who could legislate all the loopholes away refuse to do so . Party backers , fellow MPs , friends and family all looked after by cronies in the government. You don't bite the hand that feeds you .

​but would you bite the hand that employs people?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Personally I believe top-rate tax should be lower but taking 20% off … Personally I believe top-rate tax should be lower but taking 20% off someone who is earning £12-16k seems unfair, but also a massive disincentive to work. Those who earn more do have an obligation to pay even a tiny bit more surely?

They do pay more, that's how percentages work...

dcx_badass

They do pay more, that's how percentages work...

Yes very clever. My point was that taking £2k from someone only earning £10k has a far greater impact than taking £16k from someone on £80k. I'm always up for a reduction in taxes but flat taxes disproportionally help those earning the most and penalise those at the bottom. I don't think that that's right.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Yes very clever. My point was that taking £2k from someone only earning … Yes very clever. My point was that taking £2k from someone only earning £10k has a far greater impact than taking £16k from someone on £80k. I'm always up for a reduction in taxes but flat taxes disproportionally help those earning the most and penalise those at the bottom. I don't think that that's right.

Just to make things very straight. Its the guys & girls that earn circa £30k that are by far the biggest contributors of Tax & pay the most for the stability of the country.

Rich people pay f all

THE SCU M BBC DARE TO MENTION TAX DODGERS? Half their presenting staff are being investigated for doing the tax man. It was not that long ago they were registered as car sales men to avoid tax.

YouDontWantToKnow

Just to make things very straight. Its the guys & girls that earn circa … Just to make things very straight. Its the guys & girls that earn circa £30k that are by far the biggest contributors of Tax & pay the most for the stability of the country.Rich people pay f all

Not true. Top 10% pays about 60%.

davewave

​Telegraph April 2016...The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the p … ​Telegraph April 2016...The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the proportion of working-age adults who do not pay income tax has risen from 34.3 per cent to 43.8 per cent, equivalent to 23million people. Over the same period the amount of income tax paid by the richest 1 per cent has risen from 24.4 per cent to 27.5 per cent, meaning that 300,000 people pay more than a quarter of the nation's income tax.The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the change has been driven by George Osborne's policies of tax cuts for low earners and hikes for those who earn the most.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies is funded by EU and UK government departments
    In relation to the information you and IFS provided regarding the increase in tax revenue and/or the top 1% earners paying more etc
    Is that because of political pressure (as in the tax avoidance scams, offshore and other corporate tax avoidance from the likes of Amazon/Google etc that has "encouraged" HMRC to do their job properly)

Nobody can really answer that because of political bias / truth / accountability etc

I cannot prove with fact that someone earning £1m a year will pay less tax that someone earning £35k a year - I like many others have been fed propaganda and media articles and political claptrap and have to decide in what I believe to be the truth and I believe that many millionaires will and do pay less tax than the average £35k pa worker

Nothing you or anyone else can change my belief because you cannot provide fact only assumptions like the IFS

I notice how no one here has dared mention any of the blatant Scalpers on HUKDs.
    The Lego 'Investors' seem to be the most obvious worthy of mention. I can be pretty sure anyone tying up £100s or even £1,000s on Lego are not on £10k a year.

Also anyone on £10k isn't paying tax.
    Everyone can earn £11,009 tax free. So on £16k they will pay £998.20 which is about 6.2% tax.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?511
      2. Beds22
      3. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333552
      4. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills11

See more discussions