Found 9th May 2011
i'm looking to see if im entitled to a tax rebate.

just received my p60, and have written a letter but who do I send the letter and p60 too? is it my tax office who deals with my wages and that or is it like a main office somewhere

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Look on the HMRC website - the info is on there

Just call them, they're very helpful and will figure it out for you. They sorted my rebate out with no problems

DragonChris

Just call them, they're very helpful and will figure it out for you. … Just call them, they're very helpful and will figure it out for you. They sorted my rebate out with no problems

Did they just sort it over the phone?

asayer

Did they just sort it over the phone?

Yep, after asking the few security questions then clarifying where I worked throughout the year(s) they were able to tell me then that I was due a rebate (not how much though) and would post it out. A week or so later and my rebate came through the door

Or you can work it out yourself! Find out how much you've been paid this year, and how much tax you've paid... then you can see if you're due a rebate without speaking to HMRC. Presuming you've only worked for one employer this tax year, it's unlikely you'll be due anything, but if you are, you'll receive it automatically once they receive your P60.

Banned

Sorted out a rebate for me over the phone too, they sent a cheque but that was 10yrs ago they probably pay pal it to you now.

Banned

pointless writing a letter as they will just send you another P60

you need to do the work yourself and claim ONLY if you have overpaid.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769478
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812

See more discussions