Found 10th Aug 2009
I think im owed a fair whack of tax back. Is there anywhere i can claim it back online? or does it need to be done via a postal form?

1. Misc
  2. Online
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Online
11 Comments

best thing to do is call your local tax office, they will do it all for you, you will have to send them your P60s and you shoudl get a cheque.

ring you r tax office - if you dont know it ring any and give your N.I number - they will give you correct office t ring

then ask whether you are entitled to rebate - they wont tell you amount - and it will get sorted

most prob be in your next pay packet:thumbsup:

Banned

depends how much and if you still work..........................as most times they will reduce tax code for the next year, unless its alot.
Ring to be safe.:thumbsup::santa:
If its small it will work out across year in your wages.

Original Poster

Ringing now and on hold.
Well last tax year i was paid 4187.32 and was taxed 837.40.

Would i be right in saying im due all of that tax back as i didnt go above my personal allowance?
oh and rep for you all

would say u should get rebate but be prepared to wait son has been waiting 8 weeks

Jetpac;5981847

Ringing now and on hold.Well last tax year i was paid 4187.32 and was … Ringing now and on hold.Well last tax year i was paid 4187.32 and was taxed 837.40. Would i be right in saying im due all of that tax back as i didnt go above my personal allowance?oh and rep for you all

are you still working?

if you are you will get that back plus this years from april - and you still wont pay tax if you are still earning thT mount

hope tax office can clarify this for you

let us know :thumbsup:

Original Poster

holly100;5981927

are you still working?if you are you will get that back plus this years … are you still working?if you are you will get that back plus this years from april - and you still wont pay tax if you are still earning thT mounthope tax office can clarify this for youlet us know :thumbsup:

No i'm not at the moment.
New job starts with the new school term on the 7th of September.

They said that 08/09 should be done automatically as they have a new system and i should see the rebate by the end of the month. anything before that has to be done manually, so they have sent an email through making the enquiry for me :).

thanks for the help folks

Keep us updated, hope you get it all back :thumbsup:

when you start work again in sept - get straight onto tax office so they issue you with tax code - that way you wont pay tax

mind you its a good way of saving if you dont claim it for a while:thumbsup:

I was in the same position you are a couple of years back.
Sent a letter and didn't recieve any confirmation back, but after a month i got a nice little cheque in the post for the full amount =)

I was going to make a post asking this.

I earnt about 30k last year n paid about 5500 in tax BUT i was on an emergency tax code for about 6-8 months. Does anybody know would i be due a rebate do you think?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions