Groups
    EXPIRED

Tax rebate!...yipppeee...FREE Heat and Rep added?! For helping me choose good mobile, laptop, broadband and maybe LCD HDMI tv?!

Hi everyone,
    got a tax rebate!
    HELP needed for slightly techno-stupid but sweet female who just about know's a wifi from a Wii! Want a good deal for the above and have a few idea's (new O2 deal sounds good) and desparatly need a laptop. So..

Situation:-
    * Rubbish old samsung phone that is dying on pay as u go £20 voda monthly tariff with 200 mins and 200 texts.
    * Old mitsubishi computer downstairs and only 4.6 mbps available with dyiinng speedtouch modem/router in NON-CABLE area £ 14.99 monthly virgin- so so sllloooow.
    * Upstairs Acer Laptop (not mine!) uses the modem/router but no signal at present!
    * BT landmine with virgin £10 monthly line rental.
    * O2 and T-mobile nearest mast but voda ok upstairs only though!
    * NHS discounts or cashback but not quidco available for discount at most retailers.
    * ARE YOU LAUGHING YET??! ;-( LOL.

WANT ;-)
    * Fairly easy to use mobile- not too expensive or free with deal mobile package with broadb with good camera. Would consider buying phone separatly- Nokia, samsung, LG etc.- NOT 3!
    * More minutes 600>800- not with more than 12 months if poss.
    * Laptop with built in camera for skype? and fairly decent screen and biggish buttons (for clumsy fingers!)- quite like samsung DC10 but am open to other idea's.
    * LCD HDMI tv (£ 300 approx) that would occasionally be used for x-box games- happy for reasonable size screen- (this might have to wait-maybe until oled pushes prices down further...thanks HotDeals!).
    * As above- networks.
    * At least a few replys- so I dont look like a total numpty with O responses!

Thanks so much for yr valuable energy and time! For good advice and no cheeky BLONDE comments...Heat and rep added!
    xx
    P.s. Wouldnt mind a Wii to go with my special offer Wii fit...but beggars cant be choosers?!

12 Comments

Why repost your thread? ]Link

Original Poster

Did I mention that Im techno stupid...DOH me! Hahahahaha.

Hey cant help but just thought I'd say have fun spending yr pennies, dont wanna buy some fish do you? ]http//ww…p-/ ha ha
    http://files.poq-space.com/glitterimages/welcome/welcome201.gif

i would go for the vodafone £20 sim only or the o2 which you could cancel after 30 days or the o2 12 month sim only and you get 800 mins.
    o2 link
    shop.o2.co.uk/sim…ity

vodafone link shop.vodafone.co.uk/sho…ue2
    If you get the sim only then you could buy the lg cookie phone from tesco £88 approx i think if you spend about £40 on shopping and get it unlocked for about £10 .
    laptops are difficult because it depends on what you are using it for but this one is a beauty but depends on how much you want to spend
    ebuyer.com/pro…887
    if you take out the sim only deal with o2 then you could get cheap broadband from them (nice deal at the moment)

tv this is good 32" toshiba
    electrical123.com/pro…tes

sorry but i'm in a bit of a rush today so i hope this helps as i tried to post loads of links etc last night but when i tried to post hotuk deals had logged me out i presume due to it taking me 1 hr to find all the links etc

hope this helps if you get any questions or need advice just pm me and i will answer them

mark

Like mark suggested, cancel your vodafone deal!
    Get the £20 a month simplicity deal aith 600 mins unlimited texts and a bolt on! QUIDCO available and tracks at £23 so go through quidco! Buy a new phone, whichever u fancy for about £150 max, and you'll be smooth sailing.
    Another option for the phone (only do this if you are good with cashbacks, Ive never had issues) g for the phones4u deal
    phones4u.co.uk/sho…=11
    Free SE C510, plus 600 mins plus unlimiited texts plus free bolt on.. for £17.50 a month (billed at £35pm) after cashback!! 18 month contract!! Also if you are with O2 go on and try their broadband package as well. they have a cracking deal on their 20mbps packages which turn out at £7.54 a month for 12 months (actuall 12.50 a month but first 3 months are free)

With TV, go for either the one suggested by MARK, or try going instore at Richer sounds and they have a LG
    richersounds.com/sho…000 for £319!! its only HD ready though!!

For full HD, I have my eye on this 32" ebuyer TV which is full HD1080p
    ebuyer.com/pro…816
    for £299
    I've bought their Tv's before and they have been quite reasonable in terms of quality specially if you are looking at gaming as well

for Laptops, again the one Mark mentioned is quite good. But other options are
    direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx and get QUIDCO as well

Original Poster

Oh goodness....was getting stressed...so went shopping! (lovely jacket, 2 pairs of 'Great dont-make-my-bottom-look big-in-these-jeans ;-), shoes...hmmm, accessories too!.
    Couldnt sleep for thinking about my post...lol.

Firstly...Michelle...thanku for making me smile...feel less stressed now!
    Secondly...thanks so much Mark and unileeds...;-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am leaning towards o2 or the phones for u deal...like the idea of a phone package (sony E) but was thinking of a phone with a 5 megapixel and not sure about being tied into 18months. Saying that whats the bolt on (couldnt see it!) but £17.50 is good...but im not with quidco but have nhs cashback/discounts so will have to check...but as i say...18months?
    The toshiba telly looks good and is a great price...but think will leave the tv for now and concentrate on the mobile with broadband and home broadband and good laptop.

If i go with O2 which bolt on should i have? Im confused...unlimited web...unlimited wifi??? Help!

Im spending £170 a quarter with £10 line-rental with virgin and I want to reduce my landline usage to save bills. Is it better to go for a good cheap landmine deal or get extra mins? I use the landline when my 200 mins runs out and it is way more expensive as i ring mobiles on it and dont have cheap or free mobile on it.

All in all...am prepared to pay around £350 approx for a laptop and about £100 for a mobile with broadband but if i can find a 12monthly deal with a decent phone...about 600 mins, cheap or free internet Ill be happy ;-).

Thanks so so much guys and girls...am getting closer i think but any other ideas as above much appreciated!
    Love me x
    P.s. Want to add heat and rep...u deserve it...but as techno-ish stupid...HELP!

Ok, you cant add heat to this as its not a deal. You can rep people individually by clicking on the weight balance on the left of their icon!

Now The Phones4u deal!! Its a good deal, but be VERY VERY VERY sure you can handle the cash back vouchers. If you are looking for a 5MP cam phone then look at another deal. I suggest the two below

This one has an AUTOMATIC cash back so you wont have to bother with regular cash back vouchers!!
    phones4u.co.uk/sho…=11

This one you have to send your cash back vouchers periodically back to them. But it does have double the vouchers for the same deal!
    phones4u.co.uk/sho…=11

While teh bolt on is not mentioned on P4U, you should check that it is indeed included in the price (99% it should). In answer to your question as to what bolt on you should take, thats upto you! Don't bother with free wifi unless your phone DOES have wifi and you have access to cloud hot spots. I personally have the free web bolt on cause I surf the web on my phone when I am away. You can change the bolt on every 3 months or soemthing!! QUIDCO is £40 for phones4u!

Also sign up to quidco, it is just like opening an email account, anyone can do it, and you will get good money back. leave it alone for a bit and within 6-8 months you will have enough for a holiday or something! Just go to quidco.com

Ok regarding your broadband and phone thingi!
    For the phone I suggest look at the Post Office Home phone deal!! For £10.72 a month you will get the phone line paid for and get evening LANDLINE free to UK nos.
    Also included is WEEKEND landline AND MOBILES calls to UK, US and Canadian numbers, and free calls to some other 20 countries. Note you DON'T have to pay a BT line rental, so £10.72 is all you pay. Another good thing is that there is NO Contract, so basically you have a 30 day rolling contract!! It is one of the best landline deals I would have thought. You also get £9 or something through quidco!

So with the above phone and O2 broadband you get a monthly bill of £18 for 20mbps or £16 for 8 mbps!
    Your mobile is roughly £30 a month with 600 mins, unlimited texts and a free web bolt on (after all the cashbacks)

Laptop
    ebuyer.com/pro…323
    is quite a good one in the price range!

Original Poster

Hi everyone...just to say that im really close to going for the O2 deal...maybe with phonesforu so i get half price line rental and the nokia 5800...this phone came top in a poll done by which magazine online.

I stumbled across which...and they have just reviewed the BEST phones, broadband provider, laptops, tvs. I got all this info for £1!!! All you need to do is sign up and cancel before the end of the month (read terms and conditions).

Have found the info really helpful.

The laptops that came top are Acer aspire one..D150s55OB022 and samsung NC10...both around £300 mark.

Hope this info is helpful...any other ideas much appreciated...but Im close! to deciding I think (well i am a woman!!). lol...;-)

Original Poster

Hiya unileeds and hutchir9...think im nearly there!

PHONES-
    * Really like the nokia 5800 phone (but no nokia free music) and have seen 2 options for this (see below).
    * Also like the nokia 5310 express music phones with free comes with music downloads (attractive to me).
    * Maybe even the sony E w890i with FM at £100 pounds approx.

** Id like a phone with a decentish camera and/or a good music phone.
    OR!! Do i go for the HDUK deals of the creative zen stone 2GB or the sansa clip at around £15>20 and get a phone with good camera separatly?

MOBILE PROVIDER-
    * Has to be O2 I reckon (phew...only one choice!).
    - just have to decide if i go for monthly sim only (600 mins ) or 12 monthly simplicity 20 (800 mins)- both at £19.58 i think with bolt-on. I only use bout 200 texts.

DEALS-
    * Phones for u deal- (was going to go for this). (600 mins and 3000 texts).
    On O2 18/12's at £ 35 with £ 125 auto cashback and nokia 5800 works out at £ 42 a month- think u can get
    a bolt on but an extra £7.50 month for web unlimited i think.
    * Mobiles.co.uk-
    Above deal with nokia 5800 BUT 13 months half price-taking me to £13! a month.

HOME PHONE +BROADBAND
    * The post office deal sounds great ( home phone deal of £10.72 a month with calls free in evening, and at weekend free on landmine and mobile calls to UK and up to 20 different international countries!). Just have to check the mbps and usage allowance.
    * Or should i go with 02 and get home broadband too for a fee?

LAPTOPS-
    * Has to be either the
    - Acer aspire ONE D150 (but has linux, no bluetooth and poor trackpad im told but rated one of the best in WHICH)
    - Samsung NC10 (has webcam for my skype i want to have, long battery, windows XP, bluetooth and also scored highly on which).

ROUTER-
    * Linsys N ultra plus WAG 160 N.

So...what do u think (cant believe how much time i have spent researching all this...how do people do this and still have a life? lol).

Your're a STAR!
    x

Original Poster

P.s
    Meant to say i finally figured how to add REP to u both...(Im getting there ;-)

Original Poster

CORRECTION
    ( Too many hours spent internet browsing has frazzled my brain!)
    * Phones4u deal works out at £28 a month and mobiles.co.uk works out at £22 a month approx.

( £13 a month for nokia 5800...hahaha I wish!!!).

So sorry..bet Ive ruined my rep now ;-(

wakemeupb4ugogo;4839765

Hiya unileeds and hutchir9...think im nearly there!PHONES-* Really like … Hiya unileeds and hutchir9...think im nearly there!PHONES-* Really like the nokia 5800 phone (but no nokia free music) and have seen 2 options for this (see below).* Also like the nokia 5310 express music phones with free comes with music downloads (attractive to me).* Maybe even the sony E w890i with FM at £100 pounds approx.** Id like a phone with a decentish camera and/or a good music phone. OR!! Do i go for the HDUK deals of the creative zen stone 2GB or the sansa clip at around £15>20 and get a phone with good camera separatly?MOBILE PROVIDER-* Has to be O2 I reckon (phew...only one choice!). - just have to decide if i go for monthly sim only (600 mins ) or 12 monthly simplicity 20 (800 mins)- both at £19.58 i think with bolt-on. I only use bout 200 texts.DEALS-* Phones for u deal- (was going to go for this). (600 mins and 3000 texts). On O2 18/12's at £ 35 with £ 125 auto cashback and nokia 5800 works out at £ 42 a month- think u can geta bolt on but an extra £7.50 month for web unlimited i think.* Mobiles.co.uk-Above deal with nokia 5800 BUT 13 months half price-taking me to £13! a month.HOME PHONE +BROADBAND* The post office deal sounds great ( home phone deal of £10.72 a month with calls free in evening, and at weekend free on landmine and mobile calls to UK and up to 20 different international countries!). Just have to check the mbps and usage allowance.* Or should i go with 02 and get home broadband too for a fee?LAPTOPS-* Has to be either the - Acer aspire ONE D150 (but has linux, no bluetooth and poor trackpad im told but rated one of the best in WHICH) - Samsung NC10 (has webcam for my skype i want to have, long battery, windows XP, bluetooth and also scored highly on which).ROUTER-* Linsys N ultra plus WAG 160 N.So...what do u think (cant believe how much time i have spent researching all this...how do people do this and still have a life? lol).Your're a STAR!x

Ok a couple of points from me
    PHONE BROADBAND:
    Go for the post office for JUST THE PHONE!! And then get the O2 home broadband. I dont think the postoffice broadband deal is very good.

LAPTOP
    Both of the laptops you have mentioned are actually NETBOOKS. While they are ok for surfing and doing MS OFFICE stuff, they dont come with a DVD/CD drive and if you plan to watch movies or play DVD's on them, you will have to buy a external drive and carry that around.
    So if you do just want something to do bits and bobs on, then go for the Samssung or the Tosh, otherwise look for a proper full fledged laptop!

MOBILE PHONE
    OK with the mobile phone, note the deals on both mobile.co.uk and phones4u are cashback. Be very careful of the fact. You have to send back certain bills within tight deadlines in exactly the way they want it. To the letter!! I have not had any problems with cash backs but people don't like them.

YOU also have the option for ORange. They do good deals as well. Decide on a phone first then look at a deal.

Also I would suggest you dont use your phone as an MP3 player. Simply because u'll drain the battery and when you need to use the phone as a phone, you wont have any juice left. Go for a decent MP3 player with a microSD slot so you can up the capacity when you want to good ones are
    play.com/Ele…tml

Also note that any 18 month cntract tariff for O2 already INCLUDES 1 BOLT ON, so you wont need to pay £7.50 more. Any Simplicity tarriff £19.78 or more INCLUDES 1 Bolt on. Double confirm with the phone shoop, but from O2's side it is included.

hope it helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764136
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846146
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213611
      4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67

See more discussions