tax return query


    to all tax return experts out there. I am filling my online tax return and am stuck on the gift aid charity section.

    I am a higher tax payer and have given to charity. my question is if I gave £3000 to charity in the year do I enter 3000 under 'gift aid payments' or calculate what the gift aid on that amount would have been? i.e. £600

    your help is appreciated.



    It is for your tax assessment not the charities tax assessment so I presume you have to put 3000.

    It's normally the gross amount .x

    you enter £3000

    Original Poster

    Thank you. appreciate your help :-)

    As others have said. Enter what you have given. Well done by the way for donating £3k to charity.
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      2. Spotify Family Premium share721
      3. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      4. word association Game74044543

      See more discussions