TDK 2 Speaker Boombox - Any problems?

Found 16th Sep 2012
Managed to grab one of these in the £75 deal from Tesco's and love it.

Only problem is, when you turn the volume dial up to anything other than quiet, it spins itself back round and turns itself down!

A quick google and I can't see anyone else having this problem, just wondered if it was a bad batch or I am just unlucky?

7 Comments

What happens when you turn it really slowly

Original Poster

The same thing.

It's really very odd.

Yeah the exact same thing happens to mine, I got it this weekend. I'm considering sending it back seems as I have a 2 year warranty but I am scared it might be something that happens on all of them!

DAME!!!! Just bought one myself (Oct 2012). Just tried it and I guess I was not imaging it myself. Will take a careful look but the audio does seem to dial back down. Has anyone approached TDK? Does the dial itselt move back. Sounds like something is wrong.
My unit is loaded with latest firmware (2.3.7).

Well..it appears they cannot fix the problem but will send you a replacement unit. However, it is going to cost me over $100 (shipping, insurance, taxes/duties). I cant afford that. The TDK C/S rep could not offer anything beyond the corporate warranty party line.
So sad. I guess I should have bought the Dr Dre Beatbox in the first place. I was wondering why I got such an amazing price on the TDK in the first place. Looks like they were dumping a bad design/inventory onto the public.

Bit late to the party here but try pulling the dial off and checking that the cables aren't twisted around the dial pin.

Original Poster

JohnDurka

Bit late to the party here but try pulling the dial off and checking that … Bit late to the party here but try pulling the dial off and checking that the cables aren't twisted around the dial pin.

About four years late.

It settled down after a while, if it does it again I'll be sure to check!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions