Teacher cleared of attempted murder of pupil

80 replies
Found 29th Apr 2010
I think most people will have heard about this case. It's the one where the teacher hit the student with a dumbbell shouting "Die! Die! Die!". Well, he has just been found not guilty of attempted murder, and also not guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent. He had already admitted causing grievous bodily harm, and will be sentenced for that, but the Judge had indicated that he will not be sending him to prison for that offence. The kicker would appear to have been the level to which he was goaded by the students, who admitted that they were attempting to make him snap.

Thoughts?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
80 Comments

Maybe he was speaking German

Well Done Judge

Teachers have too much pressure on them and get no respect from kids, no wonder they snap!

Banned

We need more teachers like this

goldmax;8487333

+1

hurrah stop the little scroats one way or another

ade2j;8487332

Teachers have too much pressure on them and get no respect from kids, no … Teachers have too much pressure on them and get no respect from kids, no wonder they snap!

Exactly.

Banned

strike;8487319

Well Done Judge

And there was me thinking he'd been cleared by a jury :roll:

judge got it right imho-it transpires that the "innocent pupil" was a constant troublemaker,some stupid chav girl was videotaping the entire incident because the class were deliberately attempting to get the teacher to "crack"-they baited him day after day and then wave their hands in despair when he does-an all too common trait among a certain section of youngsters nowadays.

I am sure their parents will be very proud of their children if they ever sober up long enough to realise what nasty little freaks they have brought into the world.

and the headmaster who did nothing to help a man who had poured his heart out to him due to the constant harrasment by this classful of vermin should be sacked immediately.

goldmax;8487333

ray magini;8487340

hurrah stop the little scroats one way or another

These are ridiculous posts and nasty. What about the innocent children in that class who had to witness this attack. What if he had done something to hurt them in his mental state. You really need to grow up.

From the sounds of it this Teacher was failed by his support systems and the many signs he was not coping were not picked up. He should never have been in the classroom by this point from what I have read.

I'm pleased to hear this verdict, especially since I didn't think it would be given.

Banned

Plum;8487388

These are ridiculous posts and nasty. What about the innocent children in … These are ridiculous posts and nasty. What about the innocent children in that class who had to witness this attack. What if he had done something to hurt them in his mental state. You really need to grow up.From the sounds of it this Teacher was failed by his support systems and the many signs he was not coping were not picked up. He should never have been in the classroom by this point from what I have read.

You are so 'wet behind the ears', these kids would have you for supper you big softie

goldmax;8487420

You are so 'wet behind the ears', these kids would have you for supper … You are so 'wet behind the ears', these kids would have you for supper you big softie

And you by all accounts are a nasty piece of work that should be no where near children of any kind.

Banned

Plum;8487388

These are ridiculous posts and nasty. What about the innocent children in … These are ridiculous posts and nasty. What about the innocent children in that class who had to witness this attack. What if he had done something to hurt them in his mental state. You really need to grow up.From the sounds of it this Teacher was failed by his support systems and the many signs he was not coping were not picked up. He should never have been in the classroom by this point from what I have read.

Don't worry, the kid was dragged into a cupboard an then hit over the head with the barbell/dumbell. The other students didn't see anything. Their little eyes were protected from the act.

Happy Christmas! :santa:

Banned

Plum;8487451

And you by all accounts are a nasty piece of work that should be no where … And you by all accounts are a nasty piece of work that should be no where near children of any kind.

Even the green ones? They're my favourite! :x

JonnyTwoToes;8487473

Don't worry, the kid was dragged into a cupboard an then hit over the … Don't worry, the kid was dragged into a cupboard an then hit over the head with the barbell/dumbell. The other students didn't see anything. Their little eyes were protected from the act.Happy Christmas! :santa:

What was a footballer doing in a school? :whistling:

Hurrah,a result for common sense

cowardly little chavs,he should have hit him harder

decent people 1 scum 0

Banned

boothy;8487507

Hurrah,a result for common sensecowardly little chavs,he should have hit … Hurrah,a result for common sensecowardly little chavs,he should have hit him harderdecent people 1 scum 0

Boothy for PM! Kill everyone under the age of 10!

Apparently they were meaning to wind him up so that he would snap and it would be recorded on a girl pupils phone.

As far as i am concerned its about time cameras were in all classrooms...it would spot bad teaching and for me we could get some of these unruly kids out of the class room. i am sick of how many times my son has come home and a child has spoilt the lesson.
I usually moan about teachers but its about time the pupils were sorted out to give the other pupils a chance at an education.

Banned

Goofeys Girl;8487524

Apparently they were meaning to wind him up so that he would snap and it … Apparently they were meaning to wind him up so that he would snap and it would be recorded on a girl pupils phone.As far as i am concerned its about time cameras were in all classrooms...it would spot bad teaching and for me we could get some of these unruly kids out of the class room. i am sick of how many times my son has come home and a child has spoilt the lesson.I usually moan about teachers but its about time the pupils were sorted out to give the other pupils a chance at an education.

....or hit them over the head with barbells.:thumbsup:

Banned

I really worry about where things are going, i cannot believe some of things i hear that goes on within these schools, but surely promoting what this man has done and applauding his actions isnt the way to go, a terrible situation for him to be in, but still not something to be proud of, we have to be careful what doors we open up,

Apparently they were meaning to wind him up so that he would snap and it would be recorded on a girl pupils phone.

hmm.....

barky;8487369

judge got it right imho-it transpires that the "innocent pupil" was a … judge got it right imho-it transpires that the "innocent pupil" was a constant troublemaker,some stupid chav girl was videotaping the entire incident because the class were deliberately attempting to get the teacher to "crack"-they baited him day after day and then wave their hands in despair when he does-an all too common trait among a certain section of youngsters nowadays.

"If you can't handle the heat, stay out the kitchen" springs to mind

Obviously, what the kids were doing wrong, however, the teacher reacted in totally the wrong way. If he was being "bated" day after day, then why didn't he speak to the Headteacher? And, if on that day, he felt he could not cope, then he should have left the room and sought help from colleagues.

Some people will never be good teachers. this man had lost control of his class long before this incident, and finally snapped, by taking it out on a pupil, which is the wrong way to go about it.

I have worked at one of the local schools now for 10 years , only part time though and have seen many teachers today carrying dumbells to work . Canes , slippers, straps were banned many years ago but it seems dumbells are OK.
:-)

peodude;8487575

"If you can't handle the heat, stay out the kitchen" springs to … "If you can't handle the heat, stay out the kitchen" springs to mindObviously, what the kids were doing wrong, however, the teacher reacted in totally the wrong way. If he was being "bated" day after day, then why didn't he speak to the Headteacher? And, if on that day, he felt he could not cope, then he should have left the room and sought help from colleagues.Some people will never be good teachers. this man had lost control of his class long before this incident, and finally snapped, by taking it out on a pupil, which is the wrong way to go about it.

Speak to the headteacher? "The kids are picking on me" Don't think that work. At school, I witnessed many kids purposely harassing teachers to make them snap, shout, cry, one actually left the school because every lesson was just kids misbehaving. Headteachers were involved but what can they do they are people to, you cannot force a child to do anything in schools. You can't even hold their arm to move them without being sued.

ade2j;8487608

Speak to the headteacher? "The kids are picking on me" Don't think that … Speak to the headteacher? "The kids are picking on me" Don't think that work.

If there is a constant troublemaker in the class, the the Headteacher would have the power to have the pupil temporarily or permanently expelled.

ade2j;8487608

At school, I witnessed many kids purposely harassing teachers to make … At school, I witnessed many kids purposely harassing teachers to make them snap, shout, cry, one actually left the school because every lesson was just kids misbehaving.

You've just made my point, your staff couldn't handle it, and they left. This person couldn't handle it and beat up a pupil. Which is the better response?

Banned

Teachers can't say anything to pupils now, it's all about their "human rights". You can't even say to a child now or their parent that they have nits and they need to go home to be treated as it could be seen as picking on the child (seriously).

What hope have they got with little thugs that don't even know right from wrong and are at times very violent.

Schools and teachers need their power back and until that happens expect more of the same.

Banned

peodude;8487636

You've just made my point, your staff couldn't handle it, and they left. … You've just made my point, your staff couldn't handle it, and they left. This person couldn't handle it and beat up a pupil. Which is the better response?

Which response had the biggest impact on bully school kids?

peodude;8487636

If there is a constant troublemaker in the class, the the Headteacher … If there is a constant troublemaker in the class, the the Headteacher would have the power to have the pupil temporarily or permanently expelled.You've just made my point, your staff couldn't handle it, and they left. This person couldn't handle it and beat up a pupil. Which is the better response?

Very true on them leaving. Troublemakers are well known throughout the school but they still exist so expelling must be uncommon .

tinkerbell28;8487668

Schools and teachers need their power back and until that happens expect … Schools and teachers need their power back and until that happens expect more of the same.

They need some power back, the example you give, is of course, ridiculous, as is the alterations of nursery rhymes, not being able to use red ink or correct spelling mistakes.

However, bringing back the cane is not the answer to unruly pupils.

peodude;8487691

They need some power back, the example you give, is of course, … They need some power back, the example you give, is of course, ridiculous, as is the alterations of nursery rhymes, not being able to use red ink or correct spelling mistakes.However, bringing back the cane is not the answer to unruly pupils.

You can't change a spelling mistake how will they learn? Red ink? :?

Banned

peodude;8487691

They need some power back, the example you give, is of course, … They need some power back, the example you give, is of course, ridiculous, as is the alterations of nursery rhymes, not being able to use red ink or correct spelling mistakes.However, bringing back the cane is not the answer to unruly pupils.

I never said the cane, they need their power back, to actually deal with pupils, not be afraid to shout at them, tell them what for, serve detention and expel pupils, get rid of the bad apples and teach, it's all so rare now though, the parent/child only has to whisper abuse/discrimination the teacher is screwed. It's all gone to far in one direction.

guv;8487669

Which response had the biggest impact on bully school kids?

I don't think this response will have a big an effect as you think on other unruly pupils. Infact, it may even increase the provoking of teachers, thinking that if one does snap and hit him, they have the satisfaction of getting the teacher sacked and probably a "pay day" in compensation as well.

peodude;8487636

If there is a constant troublemaker in the class, the the Headteacher … If there is a constant troublemaker in the class, the the Headteacher would have the power to have the pupil temporarily or permanently expelled.You've just made my point, your staff couldn't handle it, and they left. This person couldn't handle it and beat up a pupil. Which is the better response?

I got my head kicked in at school for 3 years, no one got expelled or sent home, what do you say to that?

ade2j;8487712

You can't change a spelling mistake how will they learn? Red ink? :?

Marking all spelling mistakes may discourage the pupil. Only mark a selected amount

Red ink may upset the pupils. You should use Green now instead
news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

These rules, from a school website sum it up
Don't mark all spelling mistakes
Mark in blue or black
don't cross wrong answers, put a question mark
bernardsheath.herts.sch.uk/doc…pdf

1) I don't think school pupils should be allowed phones during school hours.
2) The teacher was badly let down by being placed in such an environment when he was clearly unwell or had the propensity to become unwell.
3) The children that wanted to learn were also let down as behaviour issues in class prevented that from happening.
Not been following the case but if the OP has summarised fairly then sounds like the judge is using some common sense.

Wotwot123;8487739

I got my head kicked in at school for 3 years, no one got expelled or … I got my head kicked in at school for 3 years, no one got expelled or sent home, what do you say to that?

What i say to that is that you went to a poor school. I was suspended for 2 or 3 days after calling a pupil a fecking barsteward whilst helping on Open Evening, in a closed classroom with only a couple of other pupils present, and no visitors.

I suppose the problem is that the kids will play up knowing they will get time off. However, this can be combated by parents supporting the school, by grounding their child with no luxuries until they go back to school

Banned

peodude;8487719

I don't think this response will have a big an effect as you think on … I don't think this response will have a big an effect as you think on other unruly pupils. Infact, it may even increase the provoking of teachers, thinking that if one does snap and hit him, they have the satisfaction of getting the teacher sacked and probably a "pay day" in compensation as well.

I think you've credited them with far more intelligence than they possess. Do you think this kid will think twice before doing the same.... or at least check the teachers bag for dumbells?

That pupil in particular, yes, may think twice before doing it again, and possibly the rest of that class. However, i don't see it acting as a deterrent to any pupils in all the other schools in the country.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…713
    2. Driving anxiety.2733
    3. Laptop help11
    4. Gas Cooker Hose Required1011

See more discussions