Groups

Teacher's Gift Ideas

Banned
    Hi I have lots of presents to buy - 2 Teachers, 2 Teaching Assistants, Head Teacher and 5 Pre School Staff. I've wiped out Thorntons today with chocolates for each of them but wanted to give them something else, maybe more personal from my children. Any ideas? And, yes, I know some people will think I'm mad buying gifts when they get paid but the way I look at it is they are excellent at their jobs and go the 'extra mile'. Many thanks in advance

45 Comments

Banned

why not just buy a deluxe box of biscuits/chocolates for the staff room, so all can enjoy

How about picking up a card making kit from Rymans and get your kids to make them all a card..... Or pick them up a diary that goes from sept to sept and get your child to decorate the outside?

i'm married to a teacher
    but wine

your giving them thorntons but want to buy more? crickey, you and me need to hook up.

best teacher mugs, frames etc

why hasnt it worked as a link

I know: ..... Wine... always appreciated, especially by Female staff who get inundated with chocolate and flowers... and then see my stock pile of wine with envy.. just a suggestion.

Banned

fab_1

why hasnt it worked as a link

you need to click on the last icon, like a figure of 8

sassie

you need to click on the last icon, like a figure of 8

where is the icon

Banned

fab_1

where is the icon

where you reply, there is a row of 7 icons

Original Poster Banned

Wine it is......ha ha love the comment from the guy married to the teacher! Will get the kids to make homemade cards aswell. ps Took a choc cake and biscuits in for the staff room last week but shhhhhh don't tell my husband!!

got it thanks no rep so cant rep you

splatsplatsplat

your giving them thorntons but want to buy more? crickey, you and me need … your giving them thorntons but want to buy more? crickey, you and me need to hook up.

lol

I was talking to my sis about this today when she was on about teachers pressies and i really don't get it.

There are plenty of people in crap jobs with crap wages who get nowt,so why do people give to teachers,i don't get it,how did it start,people didn't do this thing sort of thing when i was young.

personalised dildos

numptyj

personalised dildos

OMG I could tell you a right funny story............................wait till Friday when am back from the pub

bossyboots

OMG I could tell you a right funny story............................wait … OMG I could tell you a right funny story............................wait till Friday when am back from the pub

LOL...or you could just pm me now

numptyj

LOL...or you could just pm me now

okay, but would then need to come round your house and kill you. knowledge is power!!

I would have the same view if i did have kids though.

It always strikes me as though it's now the done thing to do it,so you have to do it to keep up with everyone else.

deb8z

I would have the same view if i did have kids though.It always strikes … I would have the same view if i did have kids though.It always strikes me as though it's now the done thing to do it,so you have to do it to keep up with everyone else.

I used to think like that you know - I was a late starter and never had my son till I was 29! But changed when I had him.

Btw I also give my binman, postie, window cleaner, man who cleans my wheelie bin, paperboy, milkman and the two neds who cut my grass gifts every christmas! Its not just the teachers who get gifts from our house!

bossyboots

OMG I could tell you a right funny story............................wait … OMG I could tell you a right funny story............................wait till Friday when am back from the pub

will it be as funny as the trouser incident pmsl X)

richp

will it be as funny as the trouser incident pmsl X)

lol actually I reckon it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Rich

bossyboots

I used to think like that you know - I was a late starter and never had … I used to think like that you know - I was a late starter and never had my son till I was 29! But changed when I had him.Btw I also give my binman, postie, window cleaner, man who cleans my wheelie bin, paperboy, milkman and the two neds who cut my grass gifts every christmas! Its not just the teachers who get gifts from our house!

Do they dry it out and bag it up for you too? Selling it to all their mates and just take a wee cut for themselves?

Hows ur coupon btw?
    Has the swelling all gone down now?

Original Poster Banned

I was talking to my sis about this today when she was on about teachers … I was talking to my sis about this today when she was on about teachers pressies and i really don't get it.There are plenty of people in crap jobs with crap wages who get nowt,so why do people give to teachers,i don't get it,how did it start,people didn't do this thing sort of thing when i was young.

Just to qualify this - I do get where you're coming from but our Teachers do an excellent job and it's just a way of saying thank you. Not everyone at our school does it - we have a mixed demographic at our school but I say each to their own.....none of the Teachers expect gifts it's just a nice perk of the job.

That's the point with my sis though,she doesn't give to anyone else bar teachers,i find it bizarre.

ejmna1

i'm married to a teacherbut wine

I'm also married to a teacher and i agree with buying wine (especially as shes pregnant and can't drink it!)

Heres what I'd do, being Mr Scrooge:

2 Teachers, (One teacher (the Main one!) MIGHT get a card)
    2 Teaching Assistants = Zip
    Head Teacher = Ziparoo
    5 Pre School Staff = Zipareeno

10 Boxes of thorntons and then 10 bottles of wine?? = OTT

This is based on the fact that even the pre school staff would be earning more than me!

I think a handmade card is a must, as its personal and actually from the child, not a shop

I get them £5 voucher, they can spend it on what they want then.

Banned

deb8z

I would have the same view if i did have kids though.It always strikes … I would have the same view if i did have kids though.It always strikes me as though it's now the done thing to do it,so you have to do it to keep up with everyone else.

i have two children and have never done it, and neither of the children have asked for it to be done and dont intend to start

My nephew and niece wouldn't be bothered,it's their Mother, and the keeping up with the Jones's brigade,nearly all the parents do it here.

[email protected]

agree with debz......it is a part of keeping up with the rest of the parents. u kinda feel if u dont then u are doing something wrong.

in pre school i gave gifts cos i genuinely liked the teachers....now my eldest is in year 4 i don't feel a connection with the teachers (but still have 2 more to get through the school!).

anyways.... apart from wine and personalised shizzle...any new ideas?

whatever the gift is would have given it on wednesday.

maybe a years subscription to unison ????

Banned

Recommendations on pension funds is probably the best tip you can give them.

Strong bump there MB.... Was the intention to open a can of worms? X)

Banned

Rupz

whatever the gift is would have given it on wednesday.maybe a years … whatever the gift is would have given it on wednesday.maybe a years subscription to unison ????

Hehe.... You just beat me to it... Sorta!

Rupz

whatever the gift is would have given it on wednesday.maybe a years … whatever the gift is would have given it on wednesday.maybe a years subscription to unison ????

Is that a deliberate mistake?

Plum

Is that a deliberate mistake?

what mistake

I work in a school and we all get fat at Christmas, haha so many bottles of wine, biscuits and chocolates! I'm telling you a simple £3.99 tin of choccys in the staff room put's smiles on everybody's faces!

Banned

I recommend one of these.

guv

I recommend one of these.

Corrected the link to match your dream candidate.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions