Groups

Teaching Bengali/Sylheti to Children

Hiya,

i'm looking for someone to teach Bengali/Sylheti to my 2 children (ages 4 and 3) and possibly another 3 children (ages 2,3 and 4)

They all speak fluent English and most can read aswell. Looking for a female teacher, maybe a student?? Nothing advance, just your everyday conversation like "how are you" and stuff.

Any advice, we are based in Manchester, M14.

Thanx in advance

7 Comments

Original Poster

I hate when people try to twist a comment into something it isn't.[/QUOTE]

Yes, so do i! I was asking for help with finding a teacher for my very young children and in response i get trash!

Off topic posts deleted, please don't thread spoil

jazminkennedy;6210576

I hate when people try to twist a comment into something it isn'tYes, so … I hate when people try to twist a comment into something it isn'tYes, so do i! I was asking for help with finding a teacher for my very young children and in response i get trash!

Just put up some ads in local asian shops, somewhere predominantly bengali me thinks would be the right approach.

Original Poster

Thanx for that. I've never experienced anyfin like that on HUKD, was gettin worried:?

You could try:

Greater Manchester Bangladeshi Association

19a Birch Lane, Longsight, Manchester M13
    For more information Tel: 0161-249 0862
    Advice for Bangla and Sylheti speakers in
    Longsight, Manchester - ask for the Bangladeshi Linkworker

Manchester Bangladeshi Women's Organisation - Ananna

360 Dickenson Road, Longsight, Manchester M13 0NG.
    Tel: 0161-257 3867. Fax: 0161-257 3867.
    Open Monday-Friday from 9am - 3pm for advice and drop-in (no appointment necessary).

There maybe some Bengali tutors available through these organisations and not too far away from where you are

HTH

Original Poster

bargain surfer;6210594

Just put up some ads in local asian shops, somewhere predominantly … Just put up some ads in local asian shops, somewhere predominantly bengali me thinks would be the right approach.

Oooh, thanx for that, Longsight isn't too far from me, will give it a go:thumbsup:

Original Poster

treble99;6210608

You could try:Greater Manchester Bangladeshi Association19a Birch Lane, … You could try:Greater Manchester Bangladeshi Association19a Birch Lane, Longsight, Manchester M13 For more information Tel: 0161-249 0862 Advice for Bangla and Sylheti speakers in Longsight, Manchester - ask for the Bangladeshi Linkworker Manchester Bangladeshi Women's Organisation - Ananna 360 Dickenson Road, Longsight, Manchester M13 0NG.Tel: 0161-257 3867. Fax: 0161-257 3867.Open Monday-Friday from 9am - 3pm for advice and drop-in (no appointment necessary). There maybe some Bengali tutors available through these organisations and not too far away from where you are HTH

Exactly what i was after! Rep added x:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1823
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions