Groups
    EXPIRED

Teathering Device?

Hi guys just wondering if there is a stand alone device that you can put your sim in to use as a hot spot? When I'm at work I like to use my ipad which is wifi only and my mobile only has 2gb data allowance. I have a contract sim with unlimited but it's a micro sim which don't fit in my phone. ANYWAY lol is there something I can put the sim in and use as a hot spot that is cheaper than buying another phone ? Thanks in advance.

9 Comments

mi-fi device maybe?

Banned

Google is your friend.... but a cheap android phone with the ability to tether or a mifi device are your routes

Original Poster

I tried googling but wasn't sure what I was looking for lol thanks the midi device seems to be what I'm looking for..appreciate he help.

dcx_badass

Just use the micro sim, I don't get the point of this thread, you already … Just use the micro sim, I don't get the point of this thread, you already have a sim with unlimited data, use it.

You don't "get the point" because you didn't read the question. He/she has a sim.....they are asking what to do with it other than maybe have to buy another phone.

Micro sim to standard sim size adapter may help if you are using a standard sim phone.

dcx_badass

Not really, they say it doesn't fit their phone, maybe if it did they … Not really, they say it doesn't fit their phone, maybe if it did they would use it in their phone and the problem would be solved.

Looks like you are on day release from the asylum. They quite clearly state that it DOESN'T fit in their phone and are asking what options they have, apart from buying ANOTHER phone. If it was able to fit in their current phone, they wouldn't be asking the question would they? There's a village somewhere looking for you.

Original Poster

So that would mean only have the internet OR my phone service because everyone uses my my number of the contract I am using with my phone..I wanted an additional device so I can have my phone AND a device to teather to my ipad. Don't comment if your going to be rude ffs

dcx_badass

Are you kidding me? Any sim fits any phone, if it's too small, get an … Are you kidding me? Any sim fits any phone, if it's too small, get an adapter, if it's too big, cut it.

So I'll repeat myself and put it simpler for you, seeing as you STILL don't get it. The OP has 2 (TWO) sims and 1 (ONE) mobile phone. He has his normal sim in his one and ONLY phone but this only gives him 2GB data. Are you still with me? The other sim has unlimited data but he can't fit this one in his phone, nor does he want to, as he is using the first sim already for his normal use......Are you still with me? So, his question is, rather than get a SECOND phone for the OTHER sim, is there anyway of doing it?

If you still don't get it, please let me know, I'll try and draw a bloody diagram.

Original Poster

^^^ exactly lol
    Thx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions