Tech help: Does anyone know what might cause my android box to do this...

Found 10th Oct 2017
Hi guys,

Had my android box for a few days, went to plug a usb dongle in for a wireless controller and it fell out of my hand from about 3 inches and after, whenever I plug the mains in I get the pulsating red/blue lights and a clicking noise from the unit. See the video attached to see what I mean. There is nothing loose inside and I've taken apart too but not entirely sure what I'm looking at/for.

Any help appreciated and heres the link to my video:
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Original Poster
Sorry if the video isn't obvious. You can turn the sound up to hear the clicking noise.
I would say a fan isn't running to full speed as it's catching.
Original Poster
I don't get get picture on the tv either. I plug hdmi and mains in and nothing appears on the tv and I just get the two diff leds flickering and the clicking sound.
stephen2k520 m ago

I don't get get picture on the tv either. I plug hdmi and mains in and …I don't get get picture on the tv either. I plug hdmi and mains in and nothing appears on the tv and I just get the two diff leds flickering and the clicking sound.

Well it probably wont boot until it passes a post. Leds are probably pulsing an error code to you.

Only things I know that click electronic wise are fans, relays, piezoelectric speakers and hard drives. I would check out the lights to see what they mean.
Original Poster
Is there anything that I could physically look for on the board? I'll have a look when I get home but I'm not very technically good when it comes to actual electronics.
Check your power supply or use another if possible...check usb port its not shorting out 5v line when you pulled the wireless dongle out.....These unit don't have a fan.
Original Poster
32225155-dEY37.jpgI unfortunately don't have another power supply to try it with. Not really sure of how to check the unit otherwise. I took it apart and this is the board...
Edited by: "stephen2k5" 10th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants