Groups

Tech help needed re SE K850i & memory cards

I bought a 2gb Micro SD card for use wth SE k850i. Put it in the slot but the phone isn't recognising the memory card at all.
    The card isn't faulty as it works in my samsung. I've also formatted the card using the pc. Have put it in with the phone on, and with it off. Also googled it but couldn't find anything of any help.
    The phone has recently been repaired by Vodafone as the touch screen stopped working, so has been updated by them with the latest firmware etc.
    Does anybody have any idea why it doesn't work? Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

9 Comments

Have you tried another memory card?

Original Poster

thesaint;5182429

Have you tried another memory card?

Yeh I tried another Micro SD card and still didn't recognise it. Do you think it could be yet another fault with the phone?

putting it in the right slot? possibly its been left unconnected when repaired. try complaining.

louiseb84;5182442

Yeh I tried another Micro SD card and still didn't recognise it. Do you … Yeh I tried another Micro SD card and still didn't recognise it. Do you think it could be yet another fault with the phone?

According to the SE site, it uses a Micro M2, not Micro SD

sonyericsson.com/cws…om2

Edit: I see it uses both. Have you tried an M2?

try a 512MB card and a 1GB card ....... see if they are recognised

some phones are limited to what size they can read

louiseb84;5182442

Yeh I tried another Micro SD card and still didn't recognise it. Do you … Yeh I tried another Micro SD card and still didn't recognise it. Do you think it could be yet another fault with the phone?

Sounds like it - I have the same phone and never had a problem with a Micro SD card.

Original Poster

thesaint;5182464

According to the SE site, it uses a Micro M2, not Micro … According to the SE site, it uses a Micro M2, not Micro SDhttp://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/topics/k850i/memorystickmicrom2

On a few sites I've looked on it says it can use both..... Thanks though :thumbsup: Not tried an M2 as I don't have one, I'll see if anyone I know has one i can try beofre buying one.

I think perhaps it may be a fault so i'll take it down to Vodafone shop tomorrow. Just wanted to check here first.
    Thanks everyone, rep on way

louiseb84;5182494

On a few sites I've looked on it says it can use both..... Thanks though … On a few sites I've looked on it says it can use both..... Thanks though :thumbsup: Not tried an M2 as I don't have one, I'll see if anyone I know has one i can try beofre buying one.I think perhaps it may be a fault so i'll take it down to Vodafone shop tomorrow. Just wanted to check here first.Thanks everyone, rep on way

Yep, I think it's a fault too as I'm using a 4GB Micro SD in mine with nps

louiseb84;5182494

On a few sites I've looked on it says it can use both..... Thanks though … On a few sites I've looked on it says it can use both..... Thanks though :thumbsup: Not tried an M2 as I don't have one, I'll see if anyone I know has one i can try beofre buying one.I think perhaps it may be a fault so i'll take it down to Vodafone shop tomorrow. Just wanted to check here first.Thanks everyone, rep on way

Yes, sounds like a fault to me too. M2's aren't that popular, so you may have a problem finding someone with one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840

See more discussions