Groups

tech help please

dont need a million answers lol juss wondering why the hell my pc wont take my speakers ?

treid two old sets and nope not a dickie bird and bought a new set yesterday but zip, nada, ???

hmmm i must be missing something along the line somewhere ?

10 Comments

Have you got a sound card? You may need drivers for it?

check the sound card & check your system sound isnt muted

Banned

check its also in right socket

Things to check:

1) You are plugging them in to the "green" jack on the back of the PC

2) Right click My Computer, choose Manage, then click on "Device Manager" in the left hand list. Under the [b]Sound, Video, Game controllers on the right hand list do you have a sound card listed? any yellow exclamation or question marks?

3) Go in to control panel > Sound and Audio devices and make sure "mute" is not ticked.

Report back

Original Poster

thanks for helping guys xxx

ok iv now got it in the green socket so thats a step forward lol but still cant get it working ... tried rebooting the pc ... been to device manager and nope no yellow or question marks ... dont know how to check if i have a sound card ? sorry this goes right over my head .... not on mute cos when i go to control panel and look in my audio devices its just saying no audio device listed xx im lost now

nicki3668;3075391

thanks for helping guys xxx ok iv now got it in the green socket so thats … thanks for helping guys xxx ok iv now got it in the green socket so thats a step forward lol but still cant get it working ... tried rebooting the pc ... been to device manager and nope no yellow or question marks ... dont know how to check if i have a sound card ? sorry this goes right over my head .... not on mute cos when i go to control panel and look in my audio devices its just saying no audio device listed xx im lost now

the pc isnt recognising the sound card so won't recognise the speakers ........ look in device manager & should be a sound card listed

Original Poster

ok it looks like i do have that and its telling me this device is working properly ? ... dont worry guys i will give up and put the radio on lol

Banned

nicki3668;3075497

ok it looks like i do have that and its telling me this device is working … ok it looks like i do have that and its telling me this device is working properly ? ... dont worry guys i will give up and put the radio on lol

OK well delete this device from the device manager, then switch off the PC and restart. On restart it will try to re install the sound card again for you, it would be hany if you have a disc that came with the sound card

Control panel..
    then Sound and audio devices..
    then on there chose speaker settings... advanced

Then you chose your speaker set up there....

Original Poster

thanks for all your help people i really appreciate it but im having no joy ... followed evey bit of advice but nada ... will give rep thanks mwah xxxx back to the radio me thinks lol xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844463
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767200
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers79
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047094

See more discussions