Groups
    EXPIRED

Techie help, need a sys file

long story short, did something stupid and lost tcpip.sys in vista sp1, is there anywhere I can download a microsoft signed one?

11 Comments

Original Poster

wow, wish I had thought of that! if you look you'll see they are all hacked unsigned drivers that force you to press f8 and disable driver signing on every boot...not what I want

fungus;1941417

wow, wish I had thought of that! if you look you'll see they are all … wow, wish I had thought of that! if you look you'll see they are all hacked unsigned drivers that force you to press f8 and disable driver signing on every boot...not what I want

Don't be lazy and do you own searching next time then

Original Poster

again, already tried, why bother replying if you have nothing to contribute

You know some people might actually have said "I tried that but thanks anyway."

Banned

aaaahahahahahhahah!

Original Poster

LadyMadonna;1942848

You know some people might actually have said "I tried that but thanks … You know some people might actually have said "I tried that but thanks anyway."

after someone posts a sarcy google search link, like I'm dumb enough not to search google, anyway like I said, if you've got nothing useful to contribute you know what you can do.
    installing vista on vmware in hopes of copying from there...

If the file your looking for is from SP1 then how will installing vista on a virtual machine help?

Can't you just reinstall sp1?

Original Poster

I'm downloading sp1 for the virtual vista now to install and copy across, suppose I could have just reinstalled sp1. your way may have been a lot easier!

edit: won't let me reinstall as I already have it

Roll back then to get rid of the sp1 you have and then reinstall, or saying as you have the service pack downloaded just go in to command prompt and replace it from there.

LadyMadonna;1942848

You know some people might actually have said "I tried that but thanks … You know some people might actually have said "I tried that but thanks anyway."

exactly my thoughts too :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions