Groups

Techie Help Required Connecting Hifi to Lcd

I've ordered a Philips MCM302 Hifi and i hope to connect it to my LCD so when i watch tv and sound comes out the Hifi speakers.
    However i've just realised that my LCD has no 'phono out' port, and the hifi only has a phono in port (left & right).
    My current set-up is a sky hd box + blu-ray player connected to the lcd via hdmi.

My question is if i use a switchable scart to phono lead connected via the scart on my tv, would the sound come through the hifi speakers when watching either skyhd box or the blu-ray player?

Cheers in advance for any help/advice

5 Comments

you can get a scart cable thing for a output

Has you tv not got a headphone socket? what tv is it?

simply connect rca/phono leads from sky box to hifi,you will only get the channel you are watching though - ie you cannot watch terrestial and get sound - your blu ray will also have some form of out put so you may need the cable from there to phono but you would have to manually plug and unplug for each device as splitter tend to interfere

Original Poster

DavieDeal;7450236

Has you tv not got a headphone socket? what tv is it?

Yeah it has a headphone socket on the side, but i would prefer to keep all cables at the back.
    Lcd is a ]TOSHIBA 40LV665DB

Original Poster

gdp-it;7450430

simply connect rca/phono leads from sky box to hifi,you will only get the … simply connect rca/phono leads from sky box to hifi,you will only get the channel you are watching though - ie you cannot watch terrestial and get sound - your blu ray will also have some form of out put so you may need the cable from there to phono but you would have to manually plug and unplug for each device as splitter tend to interfere

cheers, we don't watch terrestial anyway :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions