techie needed! RA vista > xp home

3 replies
Found 9th Apr 2007
Trying to give remote assistance to my mother on xp home, I'm on vista ultimate. I installed the kb update from microsoft to enable this but all I get after I accept the invitation is the RA screen with "attempting to connect..."

The problem could possibly be her router firewall but as I can't get access to it and she has no clue what she's doing I can't open up a port or anything...any ideas?

problem solved!

4 Comments

fungus

Trying to give remote assistance to my mother on xp home, I'm on vista … Trying to give remote assistance to my mother on xp home, I'm on vista ultimate. I installed the kb update from microsoft to enable this but all I get after I accept the invitation is the RA screen with "attempting to connect..."The problem could possibly be her router firewall but as I can't get access to it and she has no clue what she's doing I can't open up a port or anything...any ideas?problem solved!

Tell us what the problem was and how you fixed it. It may help others who come accross this problem.

Original Poster

oh the problem was what i thought it possibly could be but my mum figured out how to open the port in her router all on her own..I was quite impressed!

Banned

Next time swap your mum for a thai mail order bride. They have no idea about computers but they have loads of knowledge about getting thru ports.

Gareth Brainfart of Holyhead

dkiernan

Next time swap your mum for a thai mail order bride. They have no idea … Next time swap your mum for a thai mail order bride. They have no idea about computers but they have loads of knowledge about getting thru ports.Gareth Brainfart of Holyhead

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: That was a cracker :giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A new low for British politics.12
    2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git513
    3. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1133
    4. And you think you are having a bad day?55

See more discussions