TechInTheBasket?

Found 19th Sep 2017
Seen a “too good to be true” deal on an iPad and just wondered what people, if any, had use this site and how they found the service/products.

Any any help is appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
32033273-NA3zK.jpg
At a guess from quickly clicking onto their homepage.

More than likely a foreign based company, strong possibility they are Chinese/hongkong yet fronting themselves to look like they are UK

Scarce information on their website regards who they are, footer is empty but their flash sales look like typically Gearbest/Banggood style of marketing

Probably legit as never had any issues with Gearbest or Banggood in the past but that's because I knew who I was buying from and the pitfalls, but if I was expecting UK based retailer, with decent aftercare and legit warranty, then I would be fuming if deceived.
Too Good to be true, so its free then otherwise no matter what the price you still getting ripped off with Apple's Prices and their recent increases
Original Poster
charleaward814 m ago

At a guess from quickly clicking onto their homepage.More than likely a …At a guess from quickly clicking onto their homepage.More than likely a foreign based company, strong possibility they are Chinese/hongkong yet fronting themselves to look like they are UKScarce information on their website regards who they are, footer is empty but their flash sales look like typically Gearbest/Banggood style of marketingProbably legit as never had any issues with Gearbest or Banggood in the past but that's because I knew who I was buying from and the pitfalls, but if I was expecting UK based retailer, with decent aftercare and legit warranty, then I would be fuming if deceived.

Thats why I’ve asked. The reviews I’ve seen online are very very vague and mixed. Some seem fantastic, yet others receive empty boxes.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. If I did get the iPad that cheap, it should be under warranty with Apple so aftercare wouldn’t be an issue. Paying with PayPal also should give some protection but £500+ is a lot to risk, regardless if it’s a good price
Guess with apple Aftercare you have some comfort. Just pray you actually get what you ordered.

But be careful with Paypal. As much as they side with Buyers, supposedly, in my case we bought a new lens for Nikon Camera. Company was legit registered at Companies House for 5 years with Full accounting history.

Problem is by time lens was used properly it was 5 1/2 months after bought it when problems were clear as day. By time we got nowhere with Seller paypal wouldn't let us raise dispute as 180 days had passed regardless of ongoing conservations before hand. To top it off a Supposed UK authorised dealer and reseller advertising the fact with brash bold claims on warranty, after sending lens details off to Manufacturer it came back void, and serials did not match their entire database.

To this day still fighting, but as luck would have it as they maybe Foreign and UK based they are registered at companies house so in 2 more weeks we file for a CCJ and then because we can will send it straight to High Court Enforcement.

Even bank wouldn't help as payment was made via Paypal even though it was straight off Bank card
Domain Name: TECHINTHEBASKET.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1908387018_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: godaddy.com
Update Date: 2017-03-07T06:07:47Z
Creation Date: 2015-03-09T03:16:18Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-03-09T03:16:18Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann.org/epp
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited icann.org/epp
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited icann.org/epp
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited icann.org/epp
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Jonathan Hall
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 29 Belgrave Road
Registrant City: Manchester
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: M40 3SR
Registrant Country: UK
Registrant Phone: +44.08000869046
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: techwebdaddygogo@gmail.com

Very mixed reviews on trust pilot.
Definitely an overseas company portraying as UK based, on website one logo shows a '$' sign and also some basic spelling mistakes.
items are grey imports, some have different specifications and again not sure if manufacturers will honour guarantees. The returns policy omits to show an address to return goods, another red flag. If you do decide to buy an item use PayPal and a credit cardfor added protection.
Personally, I would avoid.
Also, 29 Belgrave Road, Manchester is a privately owned semi-detached house.
obviously not a big warehouse or commercial unit.
Scamadvisor shows website located in USA.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Sep 2017
Banned
fake, fake, fake FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Stop letting your wallet over ruling your common sense and get a grip!
xmas is coming going to be a lot of threads where ppl cant believe they got scammed trying to buy a flagship product half the price of anywhere else
Original Poster
With it being featured heavily in price comparisons on HUKD I thought it may have a genuine side to it, but I'll give it a miss cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions