Groups

Technet Update

Official response to the not-so-free Microsoft TechNet Pilot Subscription

The following e-mail response from Intrepid Consultants, a company which Microsoft contracted to perform the pilot program surveys, is now floating around the internet which has been sent to various people who signed up for this offer via a direct link (instead of being a legitimate ITAC member):

Microsoft contracted with us, Intrepid Consultants, Inc, to conduct the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program research and manage the activities of the pilot study. Our records show that you have recently signed up for a free TechNet Plus subscription through a registration link that was made available without authorization on a public blog.

The registration link is part of a proprietary study and the party that shared the information was in violation of the terms and conditions to which they agreed to participate in the study. Membership to the Pilot study is limited and all members of the program are required to first meet survey requirements and then complete tasks and assignments over a two month period in order to qualify for and have access to the free TechNet Plus subscription. Since this was a privately conducted pilot study, at no time was it ever intended that a free TechNet Plus registration link would appear on a public internet site, which was done in violation of the terms to which participants agreed upon registering to participate in the pilot study.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but for this reason, we have deactivated your subscription, as well as all other subscriptions resulting from the unauthorized publication of the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program registration link on a public blog. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    The Intrepid Consultants Team

There you have it, folks. Anybody who signed up for a TechNet Plus subscription through this method, and is not a part of ITAC will not be getting their subscriptions re-instated. Period. It remains to be seen whether or not the product keys will be completely blacklisted, however using them is illegal and against the Microsoft Software License terms as you are not entitled to the benefits. I have contacted Intrepid Consultants for more information in regards as to what will happen to those who are still using the software.

5 Comments

Original Poster

"There you have it, folks. Anybody who signed up for a TechNet Plus subscription through this method, and is not a part of ITAC will not be getting their subscriptions re-instated. Period. It remains to be seen whether or not the product keys will be completely blacklisted, however using them is illegal and against the Microsoft Software License terms as you are not entitled to the benefits.I have contacted Intrepid Consultants for more information in regards as to what will happen to those who are still using the software."

I still doubt they'll blacklist them.
    ]
    Previous thread

Original Poster

Just to confirm, Non of the keys I got have been blacklisted Yet

Anyone else?

Some swore they would be however it's very doubtful now.

nope ive used one in the last week and its been fine

Ave Not Used Any Of The Keys I Go

Do You Think I Should Try Them

An That Blog I Cant Access Its Down I Think

Original Poster

jazferbetay;5983680

Ave Not Used Any Of The Keys I GoDo You Think I Should Try ThemAn That … Ave Not Used Any Of The Keys I GoDo You Think I Should Try ThemAn That Blog I Cant Access Its Down I Think

Well, That's upto you, My quess is they'll 99.9% still work.

Yep the blog is now down, I shall remove the link.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …713
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?47
      3. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD410
      4. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!34

See more discussions