Groups

Technical help needed please: Samsung blu-ray bdc5500 and Samsung L650 class tv

I find whenever I am playing a blu-ray disc I need to turn the sound up quite high otherwise I can't hear it properly, could this be the settings on the tv or from the blu-ray disc player? I feel I am not getting the best out of my blu-ray discs because of this

Your help and suggestions will be very much appreciated

thank you

14 Comments

Original Poster

No jokes suggesting deafness please.
    Edited by: "cath1510" 30th Apr 2011

Banned

Obligatory maybe you are deaf post

Just turn the volume up.
    The sound from your tv will be compressed and boosted to be loud.
    The blu ray player is probably at the optimal volume.

Could be the volume on your bluray player, have you tried turning it up?

Original Poster

jonny619447

Could be the volume on your bluray player, have you tried turning it up?

Have tried both, but have to keep turning up until the volume level is nearly halfway, surely this can't be right. When its only the tv i'm watching the volume level is ok.
    When I got the Blu-ray player it had audio plugs with it, you know the ones that are colour coded so so I just plugged them into tv according to colour, could this have something to do with it?

Original Poster

greatest666

Obligatory maybe you are deaf post :)Just turn the volume up.The sound … Obligatory maybe you are deaf post :)Just turn the volume up.The sound from your tv will be compressed and boosted to be loud.The blu ray player is probably at the optimal volume.

No I am not deaf thankyou (_;)

maybe your tv coz i remember when setting up sky, the dude put the t.v volume to max..

Original Poster

MR1123

maybe your tv coz i remember when setting up sky, the dude put the t.v … maybe your tv coz i remember when setting up sky, the dude put the t.v volume to max..

Would you know how I could fix this as its really annoying now

cath1510

Would you know how I could fix this as its really annoying now

sorry no exp in that area, hopefully someone else can

Original Poster

If its any help to anyone, the sound sounds kind of muffled its not clear

Edited by: "cath1510" 30th Apr 2011

Can you not just connect the HDMI cable from the Bluray to the TV. Not the analog audio cables it sounds like you are using?

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

Can you not just connect the HDMI cable from the Bluray to the TV. Not … Can you not just connect the HDMI cable from the Bluray to the TV. Not the analog audio cables it sounds like you are using?

The HDMI cable is also connected, could it be the audio cables then, should I disconnect them?

CyDoNiA

Can you not just connect the HDMI cable from the Bluray to the TV. Not … Can you not just connect the HDMI cable from the Bluray to the TV. Not the analog audio cables it sounds like you are using?

Thats how it should be connected. HDMI carries picture and sound so thats all you will need OP

cath1510

The HDMI cable is also connected, could it be the audio cables then, … The HDMI cable is also connected, could it be the audio cables then, should I disconnect them?

Yes

Original Poster

Awhh thanks very much guys for your help, its really appreciated :). Off to disconnect now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2438
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2237
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1314
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk44

See more discussions