Groups

Technical question about portable monitors

Where this says it has a VGA input lead, does that mean I can use it as a pc monitor and it will be good quality? Or is it some sort of convertor and I could just get any other screen and get a seperate vga lead?

I guess what I mean is, is the vga part of this any good? Or is it a gimmick?

Thanks.

6 Comments

Link doesn't work but yes VGA is the standard input into monitors from a PC or laptop.

It's the port with 3 rows of 15 holes, usually blue or black.

Original Poster

tallpete33;6465124

Link doesn't work but yes VGA is the standard input into monitors from a … Link doesn't work but yes VGA is the standard input into monitors from a PC or laptop.It's the port with 3 rows of 15 holes, usually blue or black.

Thanks.

I know what vga is, I'm just not sure whether that is true vga or whether it's some kind of convertor which would be lower quality.

Ebay links don't work on hukd hence why I put the item number.

It depends on what you're going to be putting through the VGA, it probably will give a better picture than s-video/composite although with such a low resolution you're going to be limited in what you can reaslistically use it for.

Reading around it does look like native VGA:

reviews-technology.blogspot.com/200…tml

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;6465173

It depends on what you're going to be putting through the VGA, it … It depends on what you're going to be putting through the VGA, it probably will give a better picture than s-video/composite although with such a low resolution you're going to be limited in what you can reaslistically use it for.John

I guess you're right, what I'm really looking for is a high resolution (800*600 ideally) 8" or thereabouts tv/monitor with a vga input so as to get the best quality. Do you know whether such a device exists for reasonable money?

Also do you know whether you can wirelessly send a vga signal and receive it via a battery powered device?

I assume I'm going to end up sending a composite or component (whichever it's called!) signal and having that received via a battery powered device which goes into a portable tv (also battery powered).

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;6465173

Reading around it does look like native … Reading around it does look like native VGA:http://reviews-technology.blogspot.com/2008/03/evesham-technology-t807-8-inch-lcd-tv.htmlJohn

You could make sense of that???

I think I might be going away from the vga side of things anyway, ideally something of decent quality that can be connected to a pc via tv out or whatever wirelessly all battery powered on the receiving side.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1527
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1327
      3. word association Game73944523
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow44

See more discussions