Expired

Technika faulty tv, what options have I got?

Found 5th Aug 2011
So I have a tv I bought instore on the 12/02/11 and I use it for games through the vga, for the last month in order to switch scource from dtv to vga it freezes so I have to switch off and on at the plug.Anyway I rang tesco and the guy told me all they can do is offer me a refurbished model of the same tv.I dont necesarialy want a refund but I dont mind paying extra to get a better tv.So is the same refurbished tv really my only option?

25 Comments

I took my faulty Technika back in-store to customer service and got a refund. Didn't even have the receipt had to use my bank statement. Didn't have any trouble getting a refund.

try get a refund its faulty, tesco should be fine with it, probs worth investing in a better model (brand)

Original Poster

joeprosho

try get a refund its faulty, tesco should be fine with it, probs worth … try get a refund its faulty, tesco should be fine with it, probs worth investing in a better model (brand)

So do you think it would be worth ringing them again and offering to pay the extra for a different brand?
My local Tesco is quite a trek and I'm expecting them to direct me to the same helpline I called as it states on the receipt that items can not be returned to store after 28days.

toughnumber

So do you think it would be worth ringing them again and offering to pay … So do you think it would be worth ringing them again and offering to pay the extra for a different brand?My local Tesco is quite a trek and I'm expecting them to direct me to the same helpline I called as it states on the receipt that items can not be returned to store after 28days.

id ring up one store and tell them i bought this tv some months ago and it has now developed a fault, i would not be happy to still have the same televsion and would like to return it

i would be polite and if the store said no we can only yada yada, id ask to speak to their manager and i would say the same thing again.. would be worht reading up on the SOGA as i believe you are entitled as the set has developed a fault in a time frame that would not be expected... if there was still no luck i would ask about paying to upgrade..

finally if there was still no luck i would ring up another store and start the whole process again

i personally think you will have a very easy time of it as tesco are substantially large and you will get a person somewhere who doesnt care enough for you just to return it

Original Poster

joeprosho

id ring up one store and tell them i bought this tv some months ago and … id ring up one store and tell them i bought this tv some months ago and it has now developed a fault, i would not be happy to still have the same televsion and would like to return it i would be polite and if the store said no we can only yada yada, id ask to speak to their manager and i would say the same thing again.. would be worht reading up on the SOGA as i believe you are entitled as the set has developed a fault in a time frame that would not be expected... if there was still no luck i would ask about paying to upgrade.. finally if there was still no luck i would ring up another store and start the whole process again :)i personally think you will have a very easy time of it as tesco are substantially large and you will get a person somewhere who doesnt care enough for you just to return it

So I rang the store and told them the above and they said all they can do is refer me to the helpline, so rang them back and the lady told me that the only thing they can do is send out an engineer who will try and fix the tv and if he cant fix it they will replace it with the same or similar model..I told her I was not happy with that model and she told me that is the only option I have!

If the product is under 6 months old, which it is but only just so I'd move quickly on it, the store can either exchange or refund you, after 6 months they can offer a repair, exchange and in their discretion refund you. Tesco tends to be very customer centric so I can't really see them being too problematic

Banned

Tesco will 100% exchange for a new model or allow you to pay the difference on a different model.

Original Poster

I've emailed them to complain because three phone calls later and my only option is a repair even though Ive told them the tv is a pile of junk and I do not want it whether replaced or repaired.I'm off for a pint to de-stress but I'll update tomorrow or as soon as I get word back. Thanks for the help!

Simplyjimbo is right you can get a refund if its under 6 months old you dont have to take the refurbished replacement, take it back to your local store with the receipt QUICK!!

Lots of false information on here, its up to Tesco to either Repair, Replace or Refund, they have the choice of what to do

direct.gov.uk/en/…650

suppose another option is to take it down into store if you have the reciept, they might not be arsed to deal with you if you do it that way and hopefully just refund it...

tomorrow is another day there will hopefully be different people working so try phone again?

good luck

Phone Tesco and CS will want you to get a repair. Go to Tesco store lugging TV with you and they will refund to get shut of you.

Assuming you didn't buy it from Tesco Direct.

Original Poster

Took it instore today and they wouldn't budge, they said I had to call the helpline and they wouldn't refund or exchange without ref.number.so rang back and told the same thing, repair only option.was put through to a manager and was told only option was repair aaaahhhh!told him 4phone calls and a visit to tesco and I'm really dissapointed with the service offered, he said he was sorry I felt that way but thats all he could do. I might add he also told me about how reliable technika were when I told him they were a pile of junk,something like the same fail rate as sony he told me, load of bo*lo*ks I reckon but what else could I do, had to accept repair. I have a new found hate for Tesco!

Tesco are not doing anything wrong tho, they are working within the law as they have offered a repair

Hi,

I too have a faulty technika tv that I bought last year. They offered a repair, but I want a refund. Interested to see how things went with you.

Thanks!

Banned

toughnumber

I've emailed them to complain because three phone calls later and my only … I've emailed them to complain because three phone calls later and my only option is a repair even though Ive told them the tv is a pile of junk and I do not want it whether replaced or repaired.I'm off for a pint to de-stress but I'll update tomorrow or as soon as I get word back. Thanks for the help!

they are offering a repair which is the right option. Its not their fault you didnt do your research before purchasing cos if you had done, then you'd have found out that technika tvs are crap!

I really dont see why you think they should refund you after 6 months use.

csiman

they are offering a repair which is the right option. Its not their fault … they are offering a repair which is the right option. Its not their fault you didnt do your research before purchasing cos if you had done, then you'd have found out that technika tvs are crap!I really dont see why you think they should refund you after 6 months use.

Do you think he'll bite?

Banned

LoveHearts

Do you think he'll bite?

but everyone knows technika tvs are crap, right? Its not a valid reason to request a refund after 6 months use!
Edited by: "csiman" 4th Sep 2011

csiman

but everyone knows technika tvs are crap, right?

True

Original Poster

LoveHearts

True

True indeed,anyway it has been off for repair a month on Wednesday so will probably have to ring and ask whats going on, I think over a month for repair is a bit much but oh well I got a new tv anyway n it damm sure wasn't a Technika! My bad I guess for buying cheap rubbish so when I get it back I'll just stick it on ebay and cut my losses. *Called them today as its been 4 weeks, the guy rang the company who were repairing my tv and they said they were still waiting on the part needed,so the guy asked his manager and came back to me with a reference number which I take back to the store along with my faulty tv and they will give me a refund or exchange, as they say all's well that ends well! *Thanks for the feedback guys.
Edited by: "toughnumber" 7th Sep 2011

basically I've cracked my screen however when switched off there is no visible damage. Will they turn it on you think or just process the refund ?.

Original Poster

Punjab

basically I've cracked my screen however when switched off there is no … basically I've cracked my screen however when switched off there is no visible damage. Will they turn it on you think or just process the refund ?.

Not sure on that one, perhaps start a new thread as this one is old and not many people will be checking it.

Banned

What refund Punjab and for what reason?

You were already told in another thread that they will check it you moron

toughnumber

something like the same fail rate as sony he told me, load of bo*lo*ks I … something like the same fail rate as sony he told me, load of bo*lo*ks I reckon but what else could I do, had to accept repair. I have a new found hate for Tesco!

That probably accurate mainly because when a sony tv dies you have paid a fair whack of dosh for it so you want it fixed. When a technika dies you realise you were foolish to buy such a cheap product you simply put it in the bin.

Original Poster

pinkleponkle

That probably accurate mainly because when a sony tv dies you have paid a … That probably accurate mainly because when a sony tv dies you have paid a fair whack of dosh for it so you want it fixed. When a technika dies you realise you were foolish to buy such a cheap product you simply put it in the bin.

Haha yeah that might explain it got my refund today, Tesco arnt so bad after all!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants