Groups

Technological Question in the Army occupation...

Just looking for outside view's on what advantages a camera would bring to the army, if it were possible to see around corners?

Other than seeing if the building was occupied, or fellow soldiers were injured for retrieval, etc!

The technology basically work's like sonar, except it uses light.

This is a serious question btw.

8 Comments

Safely gauge distance to enemy target?.
    Blind attacking troops with flash?

Original Poster

physorg.com/new…tml

It's slightly more advanced than a periscope.. lol

Stops someone sticking their head around a corner to see and getting shot??

Banned

i find a mirror works just as well when targeting my victims. A video camera in battle would allow telemetry to be beamed to command where they can see what is happening on the ground and make informed decisions rather than blind stupid ones.

There has been some work done by MIT for lookign aroudn corners. The laser is directed towards say a door with the occupants in the room, the amount of light reflected back enables a vague image to be drawn up. Its in its infancy but a great leap forward. I believe the journal was printed in the Natures journal (impact factor over 50 only means soemthing to people in acedemia or journal readers).

Anyway here is the link bbc.co.uk/new…037

No use unless there were corners

http://www.romanvirdi.com/nile/desert_to_abu_simbel.JPG

Other than seeing round walls, it could be useful for looking in tight spaces e.g. looking in engine spaces to see what's wrong.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1536
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2589
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions