Techwood or Hisense 4k TV??

LocalFound 5th Jul 2016
Hello
I would like to buy a big tele for my daughters room and unsure which would be better out of the two brands. Hisense is the 40inch 4K Smart at £249 and the Techwood isn't 4K but is 43inch smart for £219.

Can anybody share their thoughts on which one would be a better brand/option please?
Community Updates
AskTVHisense4K TV
22 Comments
I have hisense and the picture is perfect,even better than my sony
hisense might have 2 yr guarantee?
Depends on her age. If she's not even a teenager, getting her 4K is just spoiling her. Hell, if she isn't a teenager, getting her a TV in her room at all is poor parenting.
My sons were both younger than 10 when I put a TV in their room. Hardly watched TV, mostly used the nettop pc attached for homework and to use scratch, learn LUA and learn basic animation. I guess I'm a bad parent.
Original Poster
im_dickylee

hisense might have 2 yr guarantee?

​You are right. You can register the product for a 2 year guarantee. Techwood comes with a 12 month guarantee. Do you think that is a deal breaker?
Original Poster
buyer100

I have hisense and the picture is perfect,even better than my sony

​Ahh excellent. Have you had it very long? Is it a smart one?
Lilrach

​You are right. You can register the product for a 2 year guarantee. T … ​You are right. You can register the product for a 2 year guarantee. Techwood comes with a 12 month guarantee. Do you think that is a deal breaker?

Even if Hisense had the 1 year guarantee and Techwood 2 years, I would still get the Hisense in a heartbeat. It's a far better manufacturer.
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your response. With not being tech savvy, I really appreciate peoples opinions. I love your profile pic, is that your dog?
Lilrach

Thank you so much for your response. With not being tech savvy, I really … Thank you so much for your response. With not being tech savvy, I really appreciate peoples opinions. I love your profile pic, is that your dog?

I would love it to be!
Sadly no, it's a dog called Trotter:
instagram.com/tro…=en
Hisense are Chinese I think largest TV manufacturer in China,Techwood are a Turkish manufacturer owned and are Europes biggest TV company also make TVs for Hitachi,Akai,Digihome,JVC,Philips,Sharp and hundreds of other makes so both TVs should be reliable advise take out 5 year warranty which you can find for around £50-£60 for peace of mind
Original Poster
BarmyBulldog

I would love it to be! Sadly no, it's a dog called … I would love it to be! Sadly no, it's a dog called Trotter:https://www.instagram.com/trotterpup/?hl=en

​Aww I love him! What a cutie x
Original Poster
bavis1

Hisense are Chinese I think largest TV manufacturer in China,Techwood are … Hisense are Chinese I think largest TV manufacturer in China,Techwood are a Turkish manufacturer owned and are Europes biggest TV company also make TVs for Hitachi,Akai,Digihome,JVC,Philips,Sharp and hundreds of other makes so both TVs should be reliable advise take out 5 year warranty which you can find for around £50-£60 for peace of mind

Ahh I see. How do I do the extra warranty?
google TV warranty several firms do them,be aware the warranty starts from day you buy TV not when manufacturers guarantee runs out so if you pay for 5 year guarantee on a Hisense you will only get 3 years because Hisense give you a 2 year guarantee,look at Richer Sounds they do cheap TVs most with 6 year guarantee(if you sign up for there VIP newsletter you get 6 year warranty free of charge plus usually 10% off prices)off majority of TVs even the cheap ones
liamf12

My sons were both younger than 10 when I put a TV in their room. Hardly … My sons were both younger than 10 when I put a TV in their room. Hardly watched TV, mostly used the nettop pc attached for homework and to use scratch, learn LUA and learn basic animation. I guess I'm a bad parent.

At least you admit it.
Original Poster
SteveDave4

Depends on her age. If she's not even a teenager, getting her 4K is just … Depends on her age. If she's not even a teenager, getting her 4K is just spoiling her. Hell, if she isn't a teenager, getting her a TV in her room at all is poor parenting.

​This will be for her 8th Birthday. We always have a Friday film in her room for family time and having a cuddle. With it being a smart tele she can look at the YouTube videos to help her with her gymnastics and dancing, rather than watching it on a small tablet.

I don't get why you have decided to comment on this when you cannot give an opinion on the actual question I have asked and try and put parents down on a treat item!
Original Poster
liamf12

My sons were both younger than 10 when I put a TV in their room. Hardly … My sons were both younger than 10 when I put a TV in their room. Hardly watched TV, mostly used the nettop pc attached for homework and to use scratch, learn LUA and learn basic animation. I guess I'm a bad parent.

​Some people are just frustrating when all you want to ask is a simple question!
Lilrach

​Some people are just frustrating when all you want to ask is a simple q … ​Some people are just frustrating when all you want to ask is a simple question!

I was responding to another comment, I agree though some people can't even be bothered to read their own thread!
As you ask though, We have a Techwood and some white foam keeps dropping from the surround, a little annoying but the TV has been good for 4 years. Hisense are a big brand in China I have no personal experience of.
Edited by: "liamf12" 5th Jul 2016
Original Poster
liamf12

I was responding to another comment, I agree though some people can't … I was responding to another comment, I agree though some people can't even be bothered to read their own thread!As you ask though, We have a Techwood and some white foam keeps dropping from the surround, a little annoying but the TV has been good for 4 years. Hisense are a big brand in China I have no personal experience of.

​Ahh I see. I was talking about the guy who thinks a tele in a bedroom is bad parenting!

Oh no that's not good! There has been another tele posted today so I am very confused now.
I just recently bought the Hisense 43" M3000 and so far a can't fault it. 4K picture is great, sound isn't too bad from the onboard speakers (though I do use my soundbar more than using the tv speakers). Only thing I do notice is it doesn't have the best of viewing angles, but it's not the worst I've seen either. The smart TV bit is ok. It has most of the major apps but hopefully they'll add more. Again for me not an issue as I have Chromecast too. 2 year guarantee and definitely worth the price.
ellawookey

I brought a Samsung 49 inch 4k for £200. Love it!

I'm not sure how that's relevant to a question asked a year ago.
My friend got a 4K techwood a few weeks ago and picture was nothing great. Also the bezel was a bit big for my liking compared to other budget tv's
Anyone know which soundboard is compatible with the Techwood 55"?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants