Techwood vs Hisense

Found 12th Nov 2015
Looking to buy a new TV, either a 50 or 55 inch model, the two brands are considered budget brands but would you go for one over the other?
Community Updates
AskHisense
12 Comments
I bought a 32 inch hisence last yr for my kids room. I normally buy Samsung. But was on a budget. I was really impressed. It was a smart telly and worked better than my Samsung ever had. When my son put a toy threw my Samsung in July. We replaced it with a 50 inch hisence. I would never go back to Samsung again. I can't talk on specs as that is way above my head. But my eldest plays x box and the youngest Wii u and they haven't moaned about anything.
I like at it as John Lewis sell them. We're as tech wood I have seen in tesco l. So I went on the feeling that hisence must be ok for John Lewis to sell it.
I had a 50" Hisense plasma for about 6 years before it developed a fault, opened it up to repair and guess what..
It was all Samsung inside
I wouldn't touch either with a bargepole.

If on a budget, get a mid-range TV from a reputable brand.
ChrisUK

I wouldn't touch either with a bargepole.If on a budget, get a mid-range … I wouldn't touch either with a bargepole.If on a budget, get a mid-range TV from a reputable brand.

Really. Hisense actually make very good tv sets and are a very reputable brand (one of the largest electronics companies in the world in fact). In the UK, they've started with just their lower end tvs, but are due to up their game with their higher end sets.

Why don't you read this for some info about Hisense and their positioning in the market:
avforums.com/art…065

theyiddo

Really. Hisense actually make very good tv sets and are a very reputable … Really. Hisense actually make very good tv sets and are a very reputable brand (one of the largest electronics companies in the world in fact). In the UK, they've started with just their lower end tvs, but are due to up their game with their higher end sets.Why don't you read this for some info about Hisense and their positioning in the market:https://www.avforums.com/article/uled-better-than-oled-hisense-65xt910-ultra-hd-4k-tv.12065

I know where Hisense sit in the Asian market, it still doesn't appeal to me due to the components used in the TV set's. It's not all about tech specs & casing, it's also the quality of components used, try reading up a little more.
ChrisUK

I know where Hisense sit in the Asian market, it still doesn't appeal to … I know where Hisense sit in the Asian market, it still doesn't appeal to me due to the components used in the TV set's. It's not all about tech specs & casing, it's also the quality of components used, try reading up a little more.

Thanks, I read up on advances in tv tech enough.

Also, while TR is far from my favourite tech review website, it seems they were impressed with Hisense's latest 50" 4K budget tv for £500 (including quality)
trustedreviews.com/his…iew
theyiddo

Thanks, I read up on advances in tv tech enough.Also, while TR is far … Thanks, I read up on advances in tv tech enough.Also, while TR is far from my favourite tech review website, it seems they were impressed with Hisense's latest 50" 4K budget tv for £500 (including quality)http://www.trustedreviews.com/hisense-ltdn50k321uwt-review#tr-review-summary

I can't knock the "flagship" model (well on paper anyway, haven't seen a proper review yet fro ma trusted source), but for this budget, I'd stay well clear.
I can get a 55 inch Hisense for £369 the reviews of which seem generally good.
Im a bit Sony fan and have been for years, but I have seen a few Hisence sets and have been really impressed with there qaulity, they weren't there entry level sets though. Whats your buget OP?
£400 max.
Black Friday could be a good time for you
Tricky thing is waiting, then finding out there's nothing that fits that bill. I need HDMI-CEC and S/PDIF functionality too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions