TECHY HEEEEEEELP please

My dog stood on the laptop whilst it was turning on and now the mousepad wont work.

I've managed to connect a mouse to it but am now seeking advice on how to make the pad work again please?

Thanks

11 Comments

start by getting the dog off it

Seriously does it look damaged?
Edited by: "Plum" 23rd Nov 2010

http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/people/300/t/the_it_crowd_roy.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Press the button or Fn + some other key combination that toggles the trackpad. Look on your laptop and you should be able to work out which key to push by looking at the icons on the F keys.

what sort of dog was it

Original Poster

lol, he's only small and didn't realise he was stood on it, around 5 seconds - no damage, no keys knocked off

wonkydonky

what sort of dog was it

a lap dog of course.

Browni

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

and you have done this.

mrsj2008

lol, he's only small and didn't realise he was stood on it, around 5 … lol, he's only small and didn't realise he was stood on it, around 5 seconds - no damage, no keys knocked off

My cat often walks across my girlfriend's laptop, often while she is trying to type :P

Original Poster

yes - did a re-start
he's a Patterdale terrier... (currently in the naughty corner!)
found the fn button - nothing happening
Edited by: "mrsj2008" 23rd Nov 2010

Could have been worse!
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/cutedoglaptop.jpg

Edited by: "Predikuesi" 23rd Nov 2010

Original Poster

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz - phew.

Found a funky key symbol on the F7 with a picture of a hand and pressed it along with the fm key and a message came up saying mousepad enabled.... then all my text went funky (wasn't my typing for once). Panic over and lots my pressing fm's and everything is working.... thanks everyone... you are stars (especially dxx)
Edited by: "mrsj2008" 23rd Nov 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions