Groups

Techy help please!

Banned
    I have had a HP 6720s laptop for some time now, but i have no idea how to get the wireless connection? there is a wireless button just by the power switch, it switches between blue and orange if pressed.

I have tried connecting to my wireless router with it being blue and orange but it can never find any networks?

I cant figure out what im doing wrong? any ideas guys?

thanks

3 Comments

Blue is ON and orange is OFF, the go to network connections 'search for available networks' or similar message depending on operating system, your router will be the one with the highest signal strength in the list. double click it to connect, hope this helps a bit.

Original Poster Banned

Savvyshopper2009;8791024

Blue is ON and orange is OFF, the go to network connections 'search for … Blue is ON and orange is OFF, the go to network connections 'search for available networks' or similar message depending on operating system, your router will be the one with the highest signal strength in the list. double click it to connect, hope this helps a bit.

hi mate, this is what i cant understand.. it just picks up nothing! my sister has a dell laptop and it picks about about 12 different wireless networks. i just dont know whats wrong with the thing!

It is possible that the wireless is still switched off on the laptop even if you use the button. Go to the Control Panel and try enabling the wireless that way (if you have XP switch the Control Panel to Classic View - not sure if it is the same for others).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions